Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Titans

I think it would be nice to have some kind of amphibian Titan,that starts out in a Water lair but is capable to rampage whole land continents. It looks like the Kraken will be mostly aquatic,maybe ablte to attack coastal cities.
    What about some kind of Godzilla-like Titan?

Furthermore I think we are missing all kind Demons so far in this game,so I did this:

Lord Balkor

voltefacebysilverbobcatpc2.jpg

Lord Balkor can be called the single most evil being that ever walked the world.
    He is an ArchDemon of incredible power, deeply feared even by his own kind, capable of single handledly wrestling down Dragons just through sheer Muscle Power.
    In addition to his huge Size and Muscle Power , he does have a nice arsenal of different special abilites and resistances:
    He is somewhat weak vs Holy Magic but completely immune to all kinds of Fire,Poison and Death Magic, as well as non-magical weapons.
    He has lost his flying abilty long time ago due to the fact that he has grown to oversize and is now too heavy use his wings.
    He does possess several different breath attacks, causes most opponents to flee just by sighting him and is able to summon some lesser breathens of his kind once per battle to help his cause.

Lord Balkor only can be recruited by SL`s who have some knowledge in either Summoning or Death Magic, or by those that lead the Unhallowed. He is an pretty unreliable ally though, and it was often heard that he got bored of obeying some lesser being and instead proceeded to switch sides and attack his former ally. The chance for this to happen gets siginificant lower for each Magic Circle in Summoning and Death Magic combined that the SL possesses.
    Last edited by Mardagg; 03-20-2014 at 07:46 PM.

Battlemage
    +1 for titanic demon lord

I like the idea of having both life and death themed titans too.

I just wanted to let you guys know that I've put up a Wiki page about the titans:

Titans

If we need to we can flesh it out a bit in time.

Edit: Something was mentioned in another post that I wanted to touch on here. Not all Titans are created equal. We are not at all aiming for balance here. A few Titans are going to be sprinkled through each game. They are for flavor and, as such, don't need to be balanced with each other.
    Last edited by Aaron; 03-23-2014 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Addressing a point.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Lintking, I like those suggestion, but I think there will be mechanical issues with both. So, for the moment at least, I want to leave them on the shelf.

Everyone, we need more suggestions here. I want to have our Titans laid out by the end of the week so we can move on to the Heroes and Champions.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

D&D had this monster that was a giant wurm that could vommit out loads of undead. I always thought it was a cool concept. So what about a giant wormy thing in WoM that spits out 10-12 Sekeleton units as its first action whenever it is engaged in combat? Attacking it would mean killing both the worm (a formidable unit in its own right) and a bunch of smaller units that harrass your casters and ranged units. What do you think?
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Everyone, we need more suggestions here. I want to have our Titans laid out by the end of the week so we can move on to the Heroes and Champions.
    Are there any gaps or deficiencies we need to fill (ie Titans for a certain plane)? Or are we free-stylin'?

I had been thinking about a huge worm too, although it was a big vanilla worm, and did not spit out undead I can +1 a giant worm, but maybe it could spit out small worms instead of undead? After all Galgorthas going to raise dead.

Also, any thoughts on a giant spider/insect Titan?
    Last edited by zdsdead; 03-24-2014 at 07:01 PM.
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

I think a life Titan is missing so far.
    Dont have the time today to actually submit one,but there are 2-3 different approaches to this imo:

- We could make the Elder Dragon a huge Gold Dragon,devoted to life
    - We could make an Archangel Titan
    - We could make some kind of Paladin/Healer/Theocrat Titan that either specializes in Melee+ Healing or mostly Healing and support abilites with not much HP as opposed to most other Titans that are rather simple "HP-Monsters".

Also, I like the idea of some kind of Leprechaun Titan,that is really small but comes with a ton of rather luck based abilities and might be a bit chaotic and unpredictable,maybe even tied to the Luck or Chaotic discipline picks.

I think some sort of archangel titan might work.

Im not to keen on small leprechaun titans though, no matter how lucky they are
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

I generally like the Idea of a Worm or Giant Spider Titan, but I think its either Worm or Spider regarding those two.
    They would likely represent the Earth Sphere.
    But the Medusa could rep the Earth Sphere as well and Stormbranch is in on top of this, so if we want to end up with a rather balanced lineup, I think we should first stick to the elemental spheres that are missing right now: Life and (Fire, Death).

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast