Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Titans

I think Aaron still wants a few Titans, but we do need, life and fire.
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Pity there's so few people submitting, the game seems to be getting contributions from a small group of 'usual suspects'. There's quite a few guests lurking in the WoM forum so if you're one of them reading this SIGN UP AND GET YOUR IDEAS IN!

Yes come on were waiting, with our +1s
    Last edited by zdsdead; 03-24-2014 at 08:42 PM.

Kronus, Bane of Titans

Description-

When the Titans themselves summon monsters for their internecine conflicts, it is only to be expected these creatures would not stay servile for long. Summoned by the Titan Themistraea aeons ago from the mysterious primordial plane, Kronus slew her enemies with his bare hands. She had little time to celebrate these victories, however, as she herself was soon throttled by Kronus.

Motivations and traits-

Destructive and brutal, Kronis is every equal to a Titan if not stronger. Attracted by the sounds of war and death, he is formidable against mortal units and is particularly adept at battling rival titans. His only weakness is his utter sheer aggression, often attacking when the odds aren't in his favour.

Weapons-

Kronus pounds and smashes with his fists, using sheer strength to overcome foes.

----------------------

So this is my take on an anti-titan titan that is technically not a titan but is anyway. Thought I'd make an homage to Harryhausen with the pic!
    Last edited by War Troll; 03-24-2014 at 09:40 PM.

Grrrr, I love this guy, but im not sure I can +1 him. We do have cyclops for greater monsters (i backed and made one) If its popular though, thats ok, but we do have a few giant types now.

Ah you changed it
    Last edited by zdsdead; 03-25-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Out-cycloped! edited.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    I'd like to bring up Fenrir again

• The pet of the God of Mischief.
    • Giant talking wolf.
    • Drinking his blood turns you into a wolf shapeshifter that always regenerates unless beheaded.
    • Generally works towards the destruction of the world.
    • Likes causing suffering.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    the fallen saint
    wars and death weight upon his mind. he is sworn to bring its end, but how? the answer is unification through a grand war of the planes under one who is worthy.
    • will join the battle on the weaker side of nearby battles (within x range) should the weaker side be the defender.
    • sits back and buffs and heals his side, unless he is the last one left or is attacked.
    • if killed in battle will respawn randomly somewhere on either the plane of life or pmp.
    • to gain him to your side, have no taxes, initiate no wars, and eliminate all of your opposition on the plane he is on (you may raze towns, he subscribes to the kill to stop killing philosophy, he is crazy after all).
    • basically a super champion level unit that is designed as a support unit.
    Last edited by jamoecw; 03-25-2014 at 12:40 AM.

I heed the call, and present to you:

Magmat the Inferno

Eruptions are feared, not just because of their devastation, but because they might be a precursor to the magma beast, Magmat. It is a gigantic ooze of living lava that sometimes emerges from volcanoes or the sea of lava in the plane of fire. Magmat's body produces superheated volcanic smoke that covers the battlefield, weakening those that are unfortunate enough to inhale it. Its attacks cover enemies in magma, slowing them and making attacking and the precise movements of magic difficult. Those that are in its way can be pulled into its body, where the magma acts to corrode them.

Though this could also be a more humanoid representation of it :

In game terms, if it is generated, it spawns in the sea of lava or volcanoes. It is also amphibious in the sea of lava. The rest is just inspiration.
    Though, technically, if it's above the surface it's not a mama beast but a lava beast made out of lava (for those, like me, who were screaming to include that). Magmat, to me, is more of a placeholder name, that I got from the Merrian-Webster article on magma.
    Interesting note: the second picture is of Kronos in the remake of Clash of the Titans. I have not watched the original or the remake, but somehow described a creature of similar appearance to it.
    Last edited by Curtis6566; 03-25-2014 at 01:46 AM.

Arcane Candidate
    Gorundi, guardian of the dead (hat tip to fantasy author i can't remember)
    An entity that sits upon the tombs of the dead, guarding their sleep.
    Gorundi was once a mere mortal soldier, whose skill with the blade caused the gods to become jealous of him. Soldiers loved and admired his diligence, his skill and sense of duty, but men of mediocrity and superior rank made sure he never rose above their station. In the infinite pettiness of the gods, they tried to waylay him, to bribe him, to cause him to fall from his path, in order to prove to mortal man that mortal men are weak. He never lost a battle, he never swayed from his duty, and the gods grew furious while the men that surrounded Gorundi grew to worship him. But not just men in his own army, but soldiers in other armies, captains and leaders of men became familiar with his name.

The gods colluded with the generals in his army, what all others had begun to call 'Gorundi's army', and gave him the most dangerous, most suicidal of missions. And he survived. All who carried a sword understood that the gods and generals stood against this one soldier, one man, and he remained standing. The gods flew into a mighty rage and demanded that the generals poison him.

As he lay dying, Armun, god of death, visited him and told him what transpired. He asked Gorundi to say what he wanted from life and he would grant Gorundi his dying wish. Gorundi said he wanted to fulfill his duty and to stay an honorable man. Armun responded that his duty had been fulfilled and that, if he had no other wishes to fulfill, then he would die. "I am happy to die having fulfilled my duty." Armun said, "If you are happy to fulfill your duty, then I would ask if you would be willing perform one final duty before I let you pass my gates." Unaware of the wiles of petty gods, Gorundi agreed to fulfill this one final duty. Whereupon Armun took a sack of titan blood, poured it into the dying mouth of Gorundi and told him, "you have drank of the blood of titans, I name you Guardian of the Dead and your final task is to guard the dead until you die."

Motivation:
    Gorundi is brought to the material plane of existence when the walking dead/undead reach a certain global population number (eg 1000). When this number is reached he appears near the leader of the largest faction of undead and goes to war with them, targeting their leader with the goal of dispatching the undead back to their graves. He returns to his plane of existence when the number of undead reach a certain percent below the original number (eg 20%)
    Last edited by ceannbui; 03-25-2014 at 09:07 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast