Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The Titans

She doesnt need to be a deity, could be a big ethereal humanoid thingy !! Or super life/nature elemental like Happerry. suggests

Just trying to convey a being of sufficient titan size and power
    Last edited by zdsdead; 03-26-2014 at 08:14 PM.
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    That was kind of what I was aiming for with Mnemosyne - a more nature/Life oriented Titan that does something besides be just a Big Combat Unit. Even if my idea doesn't work, maybe we could open up a thread to work out a concept that would?

I still propose the name Mnemosyne for it, again, on the grounds that she was, in fact, a Titan, and it's a lovely and cool name for one that incidentally gives us another female to keep Medusa company.

I see wanting to have a non-wreck-the-world-up titan, but I need to give it a think... In fact, I may want to do a separate post about it.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

The butterfly effect.

Ok this maybe too much, for the programmers of the game, but what about a titan that starts out life, as titanic, worm/caterpillar/grub etc, then when it has killed/eaten/obliterated. Enough things in a plane. It then turns into something else, a bit nastier. So for example, we could have our killer worm/maggot. Then after eating 1000 souls it then turns into a titanic horror of a fly type creature. Just a thought.

Are we still short of titans?

sinbad.jpg

What about a multi armed statue type?

earthelemtal.jpg

Or a giant rock/earth elemental?

kong.jpg

Or King kong

All fairly simple, to implement titans I would have thought.
    Last edited by zdsdead; 03-28-2014 at 03:39 PM.

Shade of Night

38725_fantasy_shadow_monster.jpg

The Shade of Night is a shadowy ethereal being known to devour the souls of its victims.
    It will usually appear on the Prime Material Plane only,because only there it is guaranteed to find enough living beings of all kinds.
    It does view the Unhallowed as rivals, since there would be no souls to devour anymore if the Unhallowed would rule the world, and because of this it will never join a Sorcerer Lord leading the Unhallowed and it will be generally more likely for it to appear when the Unhallowed make an appearance on the PMP plane in order to offer service for any of the other races to help vs the Unhallowed.

It is impossible to hurt the Shade of Night with non-magical weapons and with Death Magic.
    But even with magical weapons ,it is very ,very hard to hit it.
    When it is attacking and killing a living opponent,it will devour its soul,thus gaining more Hit Points,even above the level where it started.
    The most frightining thing though about the Shade of Night, is its Aura of Decay.
    Everyone not immune to Death Magic trying to hit or generally standing near it,risks being instantly turned to dust.
    Enemies killed this way wont get their soul devoured...at least.
    In addition,the Shade of Night is invisible to the normal eye on the World map.
    Last edited by Mardagg; 03-31-2014 at 02:34 PM.

What about making "kahn" a six armed statue of some long forgotten general, that has come to life? It could have emerald eyes, or some sort of precious gems that give bonus gold, when you destroy him. He could even have a magical gaze/missile attack?.
    Last edited by zdsdead; 04-01-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zdsdead View Post
    The butterfly effect.

Are we still short of titans?

sinbad.jpg
    Was that from Clash of the Titans or Sinbad? I can't remember. They were done by the same director.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

One of the Sinbad movies if I remember right. It's been a while...
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Pretty sure its sinbad Takes me back to watching those classics all those years ago as a boy

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Are we going to have a Tarrasque as one of the Titans? It is a classic.
    The Wiki.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast