Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: zdsdead's Titans

zdsdead's Titans

zdsdead this is the post where you drop your Titan ideas on us. It's up to you how much feedback you want to accept and how want to shape these guys (or gals). So, the floor is yours. Speak man, we're listening
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Thanks Aaron. I have already, due to my excitement, posted my Titans before, but I am willing to tweak them, with some interesting ideas.

Galgortha (TITAN 1)

Gigantic Pus ridden beast, huge lion like head, and body, 8 tentacles, (has a chance to spread plague?) Im thinking of a tail that ends in spines, that can be fired for a ranged capability.

Happery had the suggestion of being able to raise the dead plague victims. I like this a lot.
    (Might be to difficult to fit into the game though?)

Memnon the filth god was displeased, too long had the people of the earth plane mocked him with few or no offerings in prayer and tribute, The time had come to show its denzens the meaning of respect, and devotion. "Nartag I have a task for you", Memnom bellowed. At once a cesspool, in Memnons Royal chamber erupted in a gout of brown filth and ooze and out spewed a creature from the fifth hell, a rolk demon. "Master, Your will"

Memnon paused to regard the demon, then pushed his huge pus ridden hand inside his own stomach and withdrew it revealing a large ornate key, he tossed it to the demon, who deftly caught the key in mid flight "release Galgortha, upon the earthen plane, I am displeased by their lack of devotion", "have him teach them the errors of there ways " As you command, Master" replied the demon.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

(TITAN 2)
    Bethos the giant king sat upon his throne, in his hall below the Cragspire mountains, contemplating the orcs offer. To be a king was usually deemed a great thing of power amongst most any nation, but the giants were a broken civilisation on the brink of existence. Never many in number they had slowly over the millenia lost their lands, wealth, and hope. Now here under the cragspire mountains the few last remnants of giant society scratched out a living, below the cold mountain.

The orc emissary cleared his throat, and rudely interrupted bethose's thoughts "sire, My liege requires your answer, what shall I tell him".
    Bethos looked at the orc, who barely came up to his knee, Bethos the mighty, bethos the Juggernaut, manslayer, ogre bane, elf biter, dwarf slayer, had things really gotten this bad?.

Almost spitting the words out so that the very mountain shook,"tell your master, that he shall not have 10 of my Kin, he will have but 1 for the agreed price, he will need no more, for a true titan will fight for you worm. I Bethos will come. The emissary bowed low, "my master will be pleased.....

Im open to suggestions on how he will be armed, Big two handed sword?, Sword and shield?.

I also think that he should have access to some sort of missile weapon, like the classic boulders/rocks? or something like Javelins, or a magical Javelin, of return?
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    I'd recommend giving Bethos the Giant King a two-handed Warhammer or a Club.
    I am waiting for the relaunch before playing Worlds of Magic, so I don't check the forums as often as I used to. In the meantime, the main forum I post at is RPG.net, if anyone here needs to contact me.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Those are awesome. Galgortha looks like lots of fun.

Do we have any Lore for Giants other than what's here for Bethos? Are they in any consideration for a possible future race? I like the race-in-decline backdrop.. how far do you see that having gone? It might make a lot of sense for him to be wielding something like a small tree -- it doesn't sound like the Giants have had a real manufacturing base for a long time. (Stops to think about a creature four or five times taller than an ork) A medium-sized tree, maybe.

Boulders are pretty classic, but I've always had a hard time picturing even a giant carrying a whole lot of them - so like the Stone Giants in MoM, he'd probably only have one or two throws available in each combat. Or he could have a larger quiver with ballista bolts. The ones he saved from the last time his people were actually at war. That smaller people shot at him, and were then rather surprised to see come flying back at them a few moments later.

Very interesting ideas zdsdead.

As far as Lore is concerned we'll kindof work with it as we go along. The Titan lore is very up in the air. I'm going to give it some thought once we have a pile of Titans ready.

Of course, I'll be working with zdsdead to firm up the Lore behind his Titans
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Lintking :I know of no lore for the Giants, as a racial background, in WOM, and also they made none of the nominations for the faction votes, that I remember?(could be wrong). So that little story was just a bit of fluff, for my Titan (although they are mentioned on the Wiki, as potential playable races, but with no further info). I think with regard to wielding a tree. In my opinion he is still a King and probably has a weapon handed down to him from his ancestors. With regard to Ballista bolts, I think they would fit in the role of giant sized javelins.

Endless Rain: A two handed Warhammer is definitely worth considering. Would make a lovely mess of something. A clubs a bit too primitive, for my liking. In my minds eye, the giants in times past would have been quite skilled at making weapons etc, with their own blacksmiths. They are just in total decline, and have fallen on hard times. The king Imho would still be well equipped.

Ah.... Aaron, nipped in there while I was writing this

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Two great Titans to start us off there, don't have much to add. As for a kingly type of weapon for Bethos, how about a weapon similar to Sauron's two-handed Mace in LotR? (he was so big he used it single-handed as well lol)

Thats also a fine weapon War Troll, and would allow him to wield a shield....

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    a kanabo is a club, but far more sophisticated, and he can have a sling attachment on the bottom so that he can flip it over and use it as a staff sling to hurl small boulders like a small trebuchet (a hand trebuchet, but still a trebuchet). that way he is a club wielding boulder tossing giant, but a highly sophisticated and deadly club wielding boulder tossing giant.

edit:
    1352996447479.jpgtrebtracosprey.jpg

putting a sling on the bottom of a two handed mace would work as well (same basic concept).
    Last edited by jamoecw; 03-18-2014 at 02:52 AM.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 for a kanabo with a sling attachement.
    The Wiki.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast