Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Kraken

Hybrid View

The Kraken

OK, so the Kraken seems very popular. It's obviously a classic sea monster, but we need to decide what form it should take. Should it be a giant squid like the D20 take on it? Or should it be more like in the old Clash of the Titans movie? Maybe the new movie?

What should our artistic inspiration be here?

Function will follow form, so if we make it a giant squid it's going to get a lot of tentacle attacks. If we make it more classic Clash of the Titans it will be able to cross land. So, the art of the thing matters.

What do we like?
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Classic Kraken for me!!!
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I'll vote for classic, but I don't see why it can't crawl up on the beach and eat people as a classic kraken.
    The Wiki.

Think your a bit muddled up Happerry. Aaron said, the more "classic" type will be able to cross land.
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zdsdead View Post
    Think your a bit muddled up Happerry. Aaron said, the more "classic" type will be able to cross land.
    Er, oops. I was messed up, but in the wrong way. I meant that I vote for a Classic Kraken, not Classic Clash of the Titans.
    The Wiki.

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower
    We can get inspiration from Cthulhu. After all, it is a squid-like creature that can walk on earth.

Sorcerer
    Classic Kraken (as linked by Happerry) for me as well. I don't think it should have anything to do with land. Krakens are for the deep seas.

Classic Kraken

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    are the shores going to be half water? if so it would be a good place for both ships and troops to interact for battle (and the kraken).

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    I vote to table the Kraken until post-release. I think all the release Titans should be able to to come mess with your cities, not just harass your ships.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast