Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clockwork Titan

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    What about two giant fists that come slamming down on the enemy? Like two giant hammers?

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

In fact, this got me to thinking. What if this thing's original purpose was to help level areas for development, but its original creator died/vanished/went insane. Perhaps this titan could "attack" mountains and hills and turn them one tile-tier lower (Mts. become Hills, Hills become Plains). It would also raze any city it successfully defeats. How does that idea sound? Would make more sense if its two hands were giant heavy hammers.
    Or some sort of Pile Drivers perhaps.

I will just post my concept etc here so people can see it, in the dedicated Titan thread.

Name : Clockwork Titan (Mark VI)
    clockwork golem.jpg

Background : Commissioned, and built by the great Gnomish Engineer, Tareen Glitterbright. This Clockwork Behemoth ,(Mark VI) was meant to protect the Gnomish homelands, from invaders. However, something went terribly wrong with the new, gnomish A.I technology, and the Mark VI, was last seen walking out into the the Kalenti sea...

Motivations : The Mark VI has an inner forge, that reaches tremendous temperatures, able to melt gold, iron etc. However to be able to function properly the Mark VI needs gold, which acts as a fuel , and its lifeblood. The Mark VI has independent thought capabilities, so can decide whether to gain precious gold, by attacking various factions/towns etc, or by joining factions for payments of gold.

The Mark VI is armed with a cannon, instead of a hand, and a large iron fist, that acts as a brutal club, in combat.

The Mark VI cannot be healed in the conventional manner, it can redirect liquified gold, and iron to repair some breaches during combat, but this is limited. After battle the Mark Vi collects armour, and weapons etc using a powerful magnet. Which it then smelts in its inner furnace, this helps repair the Mark VI, and make ammunition for its cannon.

The Mark VI also has an onboard unit that it releases in battle. They help defend, it from aerial attacks. These are called Drones.

If the drones are damaged in any way The mark VI has the ability to locate them and repair the drones. Although this does take time, and cannot be done during the course of a battle. The drones themselves are armed with a sting, that can inject molten metal into its enemies. A successful attack on an airborne creature often means, that if they actually survive the horrendous wound, the new extra weight will make flying difficult for anything not overly large, and force them to land.
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    What about two giant fists that come slamming down on the enemy? Like two giant hammers?

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

In fact, this got me to thinking. What if this thing's original purpose was to help level areas for development, but its original creator died/vanished/went insane. Perhaps this titan could "attack" mountains and hills and turn them one tile-tier lower (Mts. become Hills, Hills become Plains). It would also raze any city it successfully defeats. How does that idea sound? Would make more sense if its two hands were giant heavy hammers.
    Is it possible to gain some sort of control of the titan?, does it have a mind of its own to communicate with?. My only concern is that if no, then this titan looks as if it will not be able to join factions etc. That might not be a bad thing. I just thought that the titans all had a chance (might be very slim) to join factions, through diplomacy, magic etc. I just wouldnt want to have this bad boy as an ally if hes razing every city I capture

Or is he just there to be destroyed on sight by everyone?
    Last edited by zdsdead; 03-20-2014 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by War Troll View Post
    Or some sort of Pile Drivers perhaps.
    I like that too
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by War Troll View Post
    Aaron are you asking us with as straight face what makes a Clockwork Titan... tick?

Maybe it's obeying it's last orders it received but returned to find it's creators destroyed. How about a unique artifact made by it's creators that can be found to control it?
    I like this sort of thing. It was in Dragon age, as already mentioned. That would be a cool artifact to find

I like the idea of hammer hands.

It could be that it was an ancient device used for unknown purposes. Maybe it was a siege engine or used in terraforming or a device for demolition. All people know is that when it shows up it starts destroying things.

You can get control of titans. (I'm not sure how we're going to handle the mechanics yet. However it works, it will be very difficult to do.) Since you can potentially get them in your army I think we need to avoid things like it actually being able to change terrain. The idea is cool, but I'm not sure how we would work it if you took control of a titan that could do that. Of course, I can run the idea by the rest of the dev team and see what kind of reaction it gets.

Either way, we're making progress
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

I want to get this guy worked into the Wiki.

Do we like the name Mark VI? Are there counter suggestions?

Can we live with my "origins unknown" take on the lore? (A lot of the titans are going to have a "who knows where they came from???" type background.)
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

+1 to origins unknown. I doubt we'll come to a consensus otherwise.

+1 to origins Unknown

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Unknown Origins works well for such an apparently anachronistic Titan. Generally if a background description throws up more questions than it answers it should be stripped down, imo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast