Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vendral the Eldest

Vendral the Eldest

OK, the idea here is of an ancient and powerful super-dragon. I'm sure we're all familiar with the concept. A dragon defeats all it's rivals during some forgotten age. Then it sleeps for untold years. It wakes up hungry and ready to assert it's power once again.

Now, normally I like this concept. I'm just not sure about it here though. The reason being that we're going to have a number of dragons that you'll encounter as wandering monsters and that you may be able to get in your army. They're going to be very powerful. So, we would need to be very careful with Vendral (or whatever we name it). If it's not powerful enough it will feel like “Ah... anther dragon...”, if we make it too powerful it will be “Oh no! The super titan! I'll need an army of titans to defeat it!”.

Needless to say, we want to avoid both those extremes. Still, if the idea is popular we can try it.

How many +1s does the concept have?
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Personally, I dont want a "normal", super dragon for the reasons mentioned above. Imho it would have to posses some kind of new angle/spin, like a undead dragon, but with weakness to various things, or if we were not already doing something similar, a mechanical dragon. What about a statue/stone, dragon that has been brought to life?. It does not have to be a super dragon, in size and powers etc, but well its made of stone!!. Or what about something similar, but etheral? Maybe a Dragon made of a huge precious gem stone, that when destroyed, well its party time, look at all those gems!.

If its made of these inanimate objects, it does not have to have the full range of dragon powers either.
    Last edited by zdsdead; 03-21-2014 at 01:02 PM.
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    The picture I provided in the Titan thread had two heads. Just as something that would be easily different then normal dragons.
    The Wiki.

That might work. sorry missed that. The picture was a bit to small, and I didnt double click it
    Last edited by zdsdead; 03-21-2014 at 01:43 PM.
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Huh. I was going to just -1 the idea of a Dragon Titan for basically the reason Aaron gave -- it either cheapens Dragons generally (and, by extension, Tier 9 Summoning), or it quickly gets overpowered even for our overpowered Titans.

...But that "ethereal" idea is cool. I could go for a Ghost Dragon. We should have a ghost something among the Titans, for sure.

I think we have a Tier level for backers called "Elder Dragon",arent we?

Would be a shame to not have such a thing ingame!

+1 to Elder Dragon, and I think a lot can be done with the description text, to make things more different .

-1 to Undead Dragons. We have Dracoliches. We miss all kinds of Demons,Vampires,Liches,... why would we need an Undead Dragon Titan with so more other options unsused yet?

Edit:

I dont mind some Titans being more powerful than other Titans.
    The game shouldnt be "overbalanced",it should be interesting in the first place.
    An Elder Dragon could for example be more powerful but also much harder to recruit or control than most other Titans.
    Last edited by Mardagg; 03-21-2014 at 06:44 PM.

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    I support the idea of an Elder Dragon but presumably if would have to more powerful than even the higher tier 'mundane' ones. Perhaps make it very rare or tie it to a random event similar to the one shown in the most recent vid.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    maybe have it's fire breath cover the whole field? that way if you do get him, you should have everyone with him have fire immunity.

overall i am not quite sold on the idea overall. it could be cool, but how?

Battlemage
    Maybe it's like Takhisis with multiple heads (or is that too Hydra-like)? A world serpent? Stellar Dragon (eh maybe that's too big)? Or maybe it's actually elemental force? I mean sort of made of elements with its element randomly changing for each game? Vaguely dragon shaped cloud of energy?

Or maybe it's just a huge dragon?

I also like the chinese dragon look.
    Last edited by Beregar; 03-21-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Mardagg has a point that perhaps Dragon isn't the place for anything Undead - so while I would still like something ghosty among the Titans, this might not be it.

The backer-tier is also, actually, a pretty valid point to my mind, but all the same -- on the grounds that Dragons need to be pretty epic already, I am -1 on a Dragon Titan right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Beregar
    I mean sort of made of elements with its element randomly changing for each game?
    I am a big +1 on some kind of Titan making use of this concept, though, maybe some other simple things like it. Some Titans that not only may-or-may-not spawn into each game but that also might be a little bit different from one game to the next sounds wicked.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast