Thread: The Overlord

The Overlord

To start with, I have to say I love Krull. As soon as I saw the picture I knew what this guy was all about.

As War Troll put it:

Description-

A once-powerful Lord of Titans now confined to his Fortress for siding with the losing faction during an Age-old Civil War. He who once thirsted for Dominance and led innumerable slave armies now sits upon a lonely throne, his Fortress cursed to move between the Planes and perhaps even elsewhere...

Motivation-

Though no longer able to leave his prison of his own volition, wherever the Fortress is bands of Slave Soldiers spill out into the world. Those brave or foolish enough to defeat the guardians of his Fortress and free The Overlord will receive the services of a great destructive force with a heart full of vengeance.

Recruiting-

As if defeating an army of slave soldiers wasn't enough, the Fortress of The Overlord fades out of reality after 100 turns. Fail to release him in that time and both him and his fortress will be gone for good. Do so, and he will provide you with treasure as thanks as well as his own service (or perhaps 'agreement' would be more his way of percieving it!)

Primary weapons-

The Overlord uses dread bolts of negative energy to decimate opponents. For close-quarters he uses a Deadly Kris, large enough in his hands to be considered a Great Sword to mortals.

Of course, we can't call his minions “slayers” no matter how bad we want to, lol. We may also want to tweak it in other regards. For instance 100 turns may be too long. Still, it's an interesting concept

Feedback?
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

-1 from me, I just dont like the mechanics involved and the general concept for a Titan ( would be nice for a Hero/champion/roaming monster)

+1 from me. I like the timed element of the fortress.

+1 from me, I like the timed element too. shakes things up a bit.
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    To start with, I have to say I love Krull. As soon as I saw the picture I knew what this guy was all about.
    Lol I had a feeling you would! I've been listening to the awesome theme and soundtrack, along with Willow (so I might have to get some influences from that as well!). Some of the cast are still British TV regulars. There was always one major plot-hole in Krull though- they were trying to rescue someone who had been taken but Liam Neeson had inexplicably not been put in charge!

Anyways, the number of turns the fortress remains I just pulled out the air. Any time-frame is possible depending on game length and guardian strength.

Willow is a great movie. I can't remember the name of the actor who played Willow, but he's been in a number of things recently. He was in Merlin not all that long ago and he just did a Doctor Who episode. My wife thinks he's a lot better looking now that he's older, lol. Anyways, enough about segue.

I think this could feel titany, but we'd have to work it right. Let's put it on the shelf with the elder dragon. We can take a better look at both before the end of the week.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    i'll +1 watching willow again.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jamoecw View Post
    i'll +1 watching willow again.
    Agreed. Speaking of Willow, Mad Mordigan would be an excellent hero.

A Madmartigan type hero could be cool

I wanted to come back to this just to say that I think the Overlord is going to have to wait for a while. We have seven of the ten titans in place and a giant scorpion is likely to be the eighth. Still, I like the idea enough that I wanted to mention it again. The Overlord may eventually get in. We're just going to have to give him a miss for now.

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Fear not, The Glaive will keep The Overlord at bay... for now.