Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: First Impressions

+1 effects
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post
    That's fine if this continues to be a way to split armies, but it shouldn't be the only way. It's cumbersome and non-obvious.
    I was very frustrated trying to figure this out. +1

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    1) Armies still disappearing after first few turns.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/219131908/log4

2) Can't use X button to exit from city manager.

This is not a bug, but I find myself trying to press the w,a,s,d keys for the battle map. Would it be much extra work to implement such a feature, and maybe the keys q,e to pan the camera?

Anyway, things seem to be progressing nicely, cant wait for the sound to be implemented on the strategic map.
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WyldeRhide View Post
    I was very frustrated trying to figure this out. +1
    it looks like there is some feature that is not yet implemented, given that they auto merge after separation if left in the same square (why separate them at all if they are just going to auto merge? most other games you just highlight the ones you want to separate/move).

Zdsdead, adding WASD support for the battle board should be very simple. We just have to get to that point in the ToDo list

The merge feature isn't completely implemented yet. Mainly we're going to add an “Are you sure?” message to it.

Either way, I love the drag and drop split. (I can say that. It wasn't my idea. Lol.) I think it's very simple conceptually once you know how it works. We just need to add it to the tutorial.

What other split method would you guys like to see? Like I said, I love the drag and drop, but I'm open to suggestions.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Like most other games do it... Select, ctrl-select. Highlighted units move.

On a related note. I don't normally give FE praise for anything, but armies stacked together in FE keep their separate-ness to make moving them the next turn easier. And AoW III has followed suit - at least for units with auto-move.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    yep, if they are able to be separated into armies (and not just groups to be split, but actual separate entities that remain separate when in the same square as another), then i'd keep the drag and drop. if they are going to always auto merge, then i'd go with just doing individual selection via clicking on a specific icon related to them (like the moves left indicator in AoW), ctrl/shift/alt clicking them, or some other method that is low operation (relative to the others, as clicking and dragging them requires a considerably greater amount of time per selection).

I'm probably going to start a number of topics soon to discuss just how some of the controls do/should work. Army Splitting and Merging can be one of the things we discuss.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567