Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First Impressions

I made the tutorial today.

Tutorial
    - The "bright tile" isn't enough explicit for me. Maybe the animation should be a little smaller to be closer to the center of the tile

World map
    - IMO Forests, mountains and armies are too big for that dimension of tile
    - At the beginning of each turn under turn pops up "Strengh : 0.94365468". What is it?

City screen
    - When letting the mouse over an icon a description automatically appears. Could it be a button on the city screen to activate/desactivate the pop-up (like a ? for example). Clicking it twice could made only the title of the icon appears in the pop-up.
    - On the pop-up, the name of the icon (or building, unit,...) must be different/separated from the text (underlined, bold,...).
    ie : Housing quickens Population growth. The bigger the disparity between current and maximum Population, the bigger the bonus. Housing lasts indefinite time, you have to cancel it before resuming building.
    - the popup text should also be in miniature. the punctuation is confusing (the , looks like a . )

Battleboard
    - moving the battleboard doesn't work. I can only rotate it, with the left AND/OR the right mouse button.
    - the "advanced" button in the unit description should change for "Image" or "portrait" when we are in advanced description.
    - there should be an auto-end of turn option when all unit have moved/attacked.
    Last edited by Trudd; 04-01-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Developer
    Thanks for feedback everyone!

- At the beginning of each turn under turn pops up "Strengh : 0.94365468". What is it?
    Some internal calculations, ignore this for the time being.

- Need a "centre on army" button in the army menu
    Can you elaborate? There's this button.

locate.jpg

Can you elaborate? There's this button.
    Hum, ok! Sorry, i didn't notice it.

I did the Tutorial yesterday, I did like what I see mostly and was rather surprised that it did run quite smooth on my old pc,which I only have access to at the moment, its running under Windows XP

As to the first impressions ,I share most things that have been said here already.
    Will do some more in depth testing including feedback with the future versions...like the one I am downloading right now.

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    My PC's only running it at about 6-8 FPS, (I'm not sure exactly how much since they removed the FPS indicator.) Please work on improving the optimization sometime soon, because I'm not going to test very much until the framerate is improved to around 15-20 FPS. I have an ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics card, which can run Civ5, Sins of a Solar Empire, and X3_Terran_Conflict with no problems.

(Those steam screenshots for X3 are at a higher graphics setting than I use, but my computer can still run the game on medium pretty well unless there's a huge battle or something similar, and I can just switch to low graphics then. It still looks beautiful, even on low.)

EDIT: It seems to be working fine now. I'm taking a break from the forums right now, but I'll test the game a lot starting Saturday.
    Last edited by Endless Rain; 04-15-2014 at 03:45 AM.
    I am waiting for the relaunch before playing Worlds of Magic, so I don't check the forums as often as I used to. In the meantime, the main forum I post at is RPG.net, if anyone here needs to contact me.

What resolution were you running? Was it full-screen or windowed mode?
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    Endless Rain, when you run the launcher what quality do you choose?

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    I chose fastest quality and 1280x720. (My computer is normally at 1600x900, but choosing lower resolutions helps increase the framerate.) I was running it at full-screen.
    I am waiting for the relaunch before playing Worlds of Magic, so I don't check the forums as often as I used to. In the meantime, the main forum I post at is RPG.net, if anyone here needs to contact me.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Minor detail: When you have something to do in a city before the end of the turn, the notice says "Citis still require your attention"

--Still can't get past "Use the mousewheel to zoom" in the Tutorial without having a mousewheel per se; touchpads are common enough I think we definitely need an alternative there! I know there's like a billion things to deal with, I only mention this again because it wasn't on Beo's list of Known Issues.

On the First Impressions side of things, though, I wanted to mention that my daughter came up behind me while I was trying stuff out, looked over my shoulder, and said, "That kind of looks like Master of Magic."

(Um, yes, my children know what Master of Magic looks like. It was one of the first games I installed onto their computers, actually.)

Out of the mouths of children

Looks like we're on the right track
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast