Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Titans

The Titans

Alright guys we've got a number of Titans to create. As is usually the case we want community feedback. We think we're going to let you guys help us put 10 together (excluding those of you who have purchased Titans of your own ).

Titans are super units that are a lot like... well.. Titans. They are ridiculously powerful, almost always neutral, and love to tear up the universe by the acre. Their exact stats and power levels aren't what we're going to be discussing, as they're going to be worked in wherever they best seem to fill a gap. However, we can talk form, look, general powers, ability to burninate peasants, etc.

I think we need the Kraken, so we can say “Release the Kraken!”. Also, we need Medusa so we can say “Only a titan can defeat another titan!” and then laugh like mad witches.

Of course, maybe that's just me. What Titan ideas do you guys have?
    Last edited by Troy_Costisick; 04-01-2014 at 03:09 PM.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

02-The-Dragons_Zombie-Dragon.jpg

Name : Varoth (zombie Dragon)

Background :Varoth was slain in battle, by the mighty, Unhallowed, Sorcerer lord, Johaness, the black, many years ago. Upon his death, Johaness, bound Varoths soul to his dead body, to serve him in his conquest of the shadow plane. Unfortunately for Johaness, his magic was not strong enough to hold Varoth to his will, and even in living death Varoth managed to break the bonds of the spell that held him a thrall to the sorcerer lord. Varoth crushed the Sorcerer lord under his huge body, before the wizard could defeat him a second time, with his dark magic. When Johaness was slain, Varoth did not crumble to dust and bones like most of the Sorcerer Lords, army, but continued to exist. His soul trapped for eternity, in the Rotting husk of his old body.

Motivations :Varoth hates Unhallowed factions, and will only join them, if forced to by a spell effect, this is a double edged sword, as most unhallowed factions, would welcome Varoth with open arms, and yet most living factions are repulsed, and fearful of Varoths appearance, and most will only have him, in their faction, in times of desperate, need, of his mighty battle prowess.. Varoth, has tired of this attitude of late, and is as likely to attack on sight most armies, as he is to parley with them. Who knows a great hero in an attacked faction may be strong enough to give Varoth the sweet oblivion of death, one day....

clockwork golem.jpg

Name : Clockwork Titan (Mark VI)

Background : Commissioned, and built by the great Gnomish Engineer, Tareen Glitterbright. This Clockwork Behemoth ,(Mark VI) was meant to protect the Gnomish homelands, from invaders. However, something went terribly wrong with the new, gnomish A.I technology, and the Mark VI, was last seen walking out into the the Kalenti sea...

Motivations : The Mark VI has an inner forge, that reaches tremendous temperatures, able to melt gold, iron etc. However to be able to function properly the Mark VI needs gold, which acts as a fuel , and its lifeblood. The Mark VI has independent thought capabilities, so can decide whether to gain precious gold, by attacking various factions/towns etc, or by joining factions for payments of gold.

The Mark VI is armed with a cannon, instead of a hand, and a large iron fist, that acts as a brutal club, in combat.

The Mark VI cannot be healed in the conventional manner, it can redirect liquified gold, and iron to repair some breaches during combat, but this is limited. After battle the Mark Vi collects armour, and weapons etc using a powerful magnet. Which it then smelts in its inner furnace, this helps repair the Mark VI, and make ammunition for its cannon.

The Mark VI also has an onboard unit that it releases in battle. They help defend, it from aerial attacks. These are called Drones.

clockwork flyer.jpg
    If the drones are damaged in any way The mark VI has the ability to locate them and repair the drones. Although this does take time, and cannot be done during the course of a battle. The drones themselves are armed with a sting, that can inject molten metal into its enemies. A successful attack on an airborne creature often means, that if they actually survive the horrendous wound, the new extra weight will make flying difficult for anything not overly large, and force them to land.
    Last edited by zdsdead; 03-17-2014 at 02:05 PM.
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 for a Kraken and a Medusa.

+1 for the idea of a Clockwork Giant. (Even if I find the example kinda meh)

I'll write up some ideas of my own when it's now 7AM.
    The Wiki.

+1 to Kraken and Medusa, very nice.

Persoanlly I definitely want to see an Elder/Mother Dragon and Torin from MoM as Titan(mabye Undead,which is a nice idea from Tier 9 Life Spell thread imo).

Might throw in some more specific ideas/ builds soon.

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    +1 to a Kraken titan and -1 to a Medusa titan. I don't have time to create a Titan right now, but I will make one later tomorrow or Wednesday.
    Last edited by Endless Rain; 03-18-2014 at 12:38 AM.
    I am waiting for the relaunch before playing Worlds of Magic, so I don't check the forums as often as I used to. In the meantime, the main forum I post at is RPG.net, if anyone here needs to contact me.

I don't care for the idea of an Undead Torin. He was so Holy that he would be beyond the call of death magic. He'd either be out there crusading for his God or with his God in the afterlife and protected.

+1 Kraken and Medusa. Old Classics
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

I think we should make our Torin cap tip a Champion... maybe... I'm mulling really...

Anyways, good suggestions so far. Keep em coming!
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    +1 to a clockwork Titan and Krakan.

Lyrandraste, Father of Wolves

Description-

Once worshipped as a living God, Lyrandraste was the patron of Hunters among primitive tribes in Ancient Times. Valuing Strength, Independence, and Patience in his followers, his symbol of a Wolf Head adorned many Village Totem.

It was an uncharacteristic act of mercy that eventually became his undoing, beginning with a Hunting Party of Men trapped in the snows of a Narrow Valley. Freezing and few in number, they called out in their desperation for aid from their Patron. Uttering ancient words of power, he transformed the men into Wolfmen for one night, allowing them to resist the cold and break free of their frozen prison. The words had been misspoken, alas, and the men's transformation became a curse upon the World. The Father of Wolves, shamed by his actions, swore he would aid mortals without recourse to Sorcery.

Motivations-

Lyrandraste despises those he created, hunting and destroying Lycanthropes wherever they are (and whosever army they are in). As a Hunting Patron, any faction that attains his services gains the service of a mighty Spear-wielding Titan, Immune to cold, and his two Dire Wolves companions. Stationed in a city he gives a bonus to Wild Game food production and Public Order.
    Last edited by War Troll; 03-17-2014 at 09:20 PM.

+1 to a clockwork titan and the father of wolves.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast