Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 808m

Developer

808m

A new build is up!

Important - if you can't load game, delete all save files - default location is Documents/Wastelands-Interactive\Worlds of Magic\Saves

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower
    The changelog looks great! Thanks, Beo! Is there a cooresponding list of known issues (or a link to the Mantis tracker) just so people know what to expect and don't double-report things?

Developer
    http://forum.wastelands-interactive....4-Known-issues

This is the most up-to-date list we have.

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower
    ah, right. thx!

Heya,

Got to play this last night for a few hours. I'll give you my notes as I wrote them down:

-I really hate how you add points to the spell circles in Sorcerer-Lord creation. There really needs to be up and down arrows or +/- signs. The current method is clever but not user-friendly at all. I found it very frustrating to use.

-Love the new portraits and new pre-made sorcerer-lords. Awesome work!

-Love the new mini-map.

-Love the new icons instead of the letters abbreviations for world resources. They makes the game look a million times better.

-In-game volume controls would be nice to have.

-Wow! The new city screen looks awesome. Great work!

-Found an error: the ambient sounds die after going to the city screen and coming back to the world map.

-Deserts still need to be yellower. They look too much like plains!

-I don't know if this is something you're working on yet, but the world resources are placed too frequently and too close together.

-The GUI is overall much much better

-Swamps should look more gray. Right now, they look like what the plains should look like. Check out how Magic: the Gatherhing draws swamps. They have lots of good ones.

-Got the following bug: Error MarkasForceState_Change War TB: False

-I actually got several of those errors dealing with wars and truces.

-Once I started getting those war/truce errors, my units couldn't move anymore.

-Also got this error: Null Reference Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Overall, the game looks so much better and I played longer than I ever have before. I can tell you guys are making great progress. Keep it up!

Peace,

-Troy
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

-I don't know if this is something you're working on yet, but the world resources are placed too frequently and too close together.
    I'm working on it right now.

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Only managed to dip in for a few minutes but I echo Troy's sentiments about terrain not being distinct enough. Most noticeable for me are the tiles with the giant leaves on, I'm not sure what that is supposed to represent but it looks jungly. The Mountains I think look too green and I think a white/slate colour would make them stand out a bit.

I think it would be good to have recognizable expanses of terrain types with clearly defined borders. Right now the terrain looks scrappy and random.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Sorcerer Lord Creation:
    * I like the Magic Circle selection - it just takes a little getting used to.
    * Discipline help text gets cut off on the right.
    * The Paladin portrait still looks undead/evil.

City Screen:
    * The Build Queue tab is still irrelevant - just merge "Production" and "Queue" into one tab. Why have different tabs if the current production still shows up in the Queue tab???
    * The 2nd item in the Queue (Shrine) was invisible.
    * Would be extremely nice to see the global resource level/gain/loss from the City screen. How else can that player make intelligent decisions about how to adjust workers?

World Map:
    * The Spellbook calls itself the Magic Panel in the tool-tip.

Magic Panel:
    * No sliders?
    * The Casting and Research windows exit back to the Magic Panel as I would expect, but the Crafting window exits back to the World Map.

Units:
    * I could not move an army. Period. left-click, right-click, double-click all did not move an army.

Without movement, I could not progress further.

Developer
    Thanks for feedback.

Bug status update:
    - fixed "purple things" on paradise plane
    - fixed null reference on battlemap when opening extended info
    - fixed loading bug - currently the game WILL NOT load
    - fixed - sounds are gone after closing city screen

These fixes aren't included in the build yet.

All war/peace/diplomacy error/messages - they should be harmless for now, it's part of AI testing.
    Yes, crafting/casting sliders are gone.

City screen gui is still "old" - thanks for feedback

* The Casting and Research windows exit back to the Magic Panel as I would expect, but the Crafting window exits back to the World Map.
    * The Spellbook calls itself the Magic Panel in the tool-tip.
    Got it, will be fixed soon

* The 2nd item in the Queue (Shrine) was invisible.
    We're still missing a lot of graphics.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    -Deserts still need to be yellower. They look too much like plains!
    This is a relatively minor detail right now, I know, but.. was looking at it today and realized that what I thought were deserts *were* plains. I would actually make the current Plains graphic Deserts -- the texturing they have looks delightfully barren, and the shadowing in it suggests either dunes or broken badlands.

Plains need to be greener, presumably grassier. Maybe fruited. <grin>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast