Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goody Two-Shoes Titan

Goody Two-Shoes Titan

Alright guys, several people have mentioned having a titan that doesn't just show up to tear the universe to pieces. Now, I'm open to ideas, but this is going to be a hard sell. The idea of the Titans is that once (or maybe a couple or three times in a long game) a titan will show up somewhere in the universe. This is supposed to be an “Oh man!” moment that is going to take some interaction to resolve. With the world destroyers it's very simple: You need to get them on your team or get rid of them. You don't want them wrecking up your stuff and you sure don't want the enemy finding a way to get their help.

So, how can we give players that feeling with some goody-goody?
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Have the goody-goody have a weird philosophy about Pacifism where he/she will attack any unit that attacked in the last turn. As long as units don't bother anyone, he/she won't bother them. But as soon as they attack, or even ARE attacked, the goody-goody will strike.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

What about a sort of yin and yang event. Lets say that whenever lord balkor turns up ( death and fire demon) A goody titan shows up (life and water angel). Its in their interests to get some allies, one way or another to help win the battle against one another. So they are both more willing maybe to side with a SL for a period of time.

maybe have a turn limit for the alliance between SL and titan, in which to do battle with there arch nemesis.

Also a gift for the victorious side from the respective, titan
    Last edited by zdsdead; 03-27-2014 at 02:24 PM.
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I vote for a Mothra Titan.

It can awake to protect the world from all the horrible world devastating monsters we're populating this game with.
    The Wiki.

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    Have the goody-goody have a weird philosophy about Pacifism where he/she will attack any unit that attacked in the last turn. As long as units don't bother anyone, he/she won't bother them. But as soon as they attack, or even ARE attacked, the goody-goody will strike.
    That's an interesting angle, like this or perhaps he/she only attacks factions that are at war.

Quote Originally Posted by War Troll View Post
    That's an interesting angle, like this or perhaps he/she only attacks factions that are at war.
    Yeah, kinda like a Peackeeper titan
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Caster of the Inner Tower
    I like both Troy's and zdsdead's ideas.

I'm mulling...
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    This is supposed to be an “Oh man!” moment that is going to take some interaction to resolve. With the world destroyers it's very simple: You need to get them on your team or get rid of them.
    And a few of those is fine, but when that's all that any of the Titans are, I think it loses the "Oh man!" factor and becomes, "Great, a really big wandering monster." Those'll be exciting the first couple times, but then... not so much.

I think we want some that work in different ways. Races Against Time (like the Krull Overlord) sound cool. Titans that you have to learn about and track down -- like the... I think it was the Mother Kraken, that the initial proposal said you'd have to find out where to even summon her. Ultra-rare and expensive opportunities, like my initial Nemesis proposal.

If they crop up in different ways and different places, I think that does a whole lot to maintain that, Oh Wow! factor. They're not just different skins on Giant Bags of Hitpoints; they're unique entities with different, exciting effects.

In the case of a truly peaceful Titan, my suggestion would be more that they would become `available' to everyone at once, and it would be a race to win them over to your side before any of your opponents can do it, and reap the benefits.

Glenda the Good Witch!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast