Thread: The questions to Devs over Alpha stuff thread

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror

The questions to Devs over Alpha stuff thread

Thought I'd make a thread about questions people might have over aspects of the Alpha that maybe the Devs could answer if they have the time!

So to get the ball rolling-

1. Are the Mountain tiles graphic placeholders? Same with the jungle leaves plains tile.
    2. Are there any plans for a Town Screen representation of the tiles you can harness a la MoM?

Touching 2, we do plan to add more info to the city screen including just what bonuses the city is getting from terrain. At this point we're not sure exactly what form it's going to take, but we have discussed a sort-of MoMesk section of map somewhere on the display.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Ah thanks for the reply. The display from MoM wasn't really all that useful imo, a simple description/list of the special resources and tile bonuses would probably be sufficient.

I only ask about the mountain tiles as the pre-alpha shot mountains looked really good.

Quote Originally Posted by War Troll View Post
    Ah thanks for the reply. The display from MoM wasn't really all that useful imo, a simple description/list of the special resources and tile bonuses would probably be sufficient.

I only ask about the mountain tiles as the pre-alpha shot mountains looked really good.
    Ii agree, but I'm not sure they'd work with the character models they're using now. It would be hard for the clerics and swordsmen to stand on something that pointy and not look weird.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    Yeah, Troy is right.
    The current models might change a little bit, but we would like to avoid how this looks in Age of Wonders for example.

Quote Originally Posted by doomtrader View Post
    Yeah, Troy is right.
    The current models might change a little bit, but we would like to avoid how this looks in Age of Wonders for example.
    Ah I see. Just they look a bit giant tree-stump to me, especially the colour being so similar to the trees. Thanks for the clarification!

We do want to avoid the "tree-stump" look, lol.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page