Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What We Need

Hybrid View

What We Need

OK guys, I want to talk numbers real quick. As you know we have 25 hero slots. There are a number of combat roles these heroes are going to fill. I think we need to consider how many of each kind we want before we start making firm decisions.

Basically we need:

Fighters – Obvious. They fight. Sword and shield or scimitar, bastard sword or bow, when they take the battlefield, their enemies, they go. Lol.

Clerical Caters – Healing spells, damaging spells, turn undead, etc. We can do anything from classic clerics to wandering lay healers.

Arcane Casters – Wizards and Sorcerers dishing out spells and throwing raw magic energy around the battlefield.

Rogues – Invisibity, back stab thing going on maybe, some other bonuses that makes sense from a rougey point of view. (We'll also put bards in this category.)

Unhallowed – Most of the regular heroes and champions won't work with the unhallowed. So, we need to make a set of heroes just for them.

What we need to deiced is how many we want of each kind. (And let me know if I overlooked anything obvious.)

So, thoughts?
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Dang yeah that Unhallowed thing is a bit of a sticky wicket. Could make it so you need double the fame and/or more upkeep for none-undead heroes to join Unhallowed faction. I was going to say open it up to heroes of an evil alignment but I dunno if we have alignment in. It's tricky as if you have 25 heroes and 5 are for unhallowed only it's kinda restricting to the other factions.

I want something like this guy: http://masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Fang
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Fang was definitely Champion-level, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartroll
    Could make it so you need double the fame and/or more upkeep for none-undead heroes to join Unhallowed faction.
    I think a bit part of the problem is that heroes generally require food and gold, and Unhallowed don't produce either -- so Unhallowed Heroes will presumably require the Negative Energy that they do produce, but nobody else does. In that sense, I think we're kind of stuck with having at least a baseline of Unhallowed-Only Heroes and Heroes Who Are Not Unhallowed.

It would be kind of cool, though, if we could have, "Living" and "Unliving" as possible `Abilities' for a Hero to generate with, allowing ones that normally fall on one side of that line or the other to cross over, but with one of their Ability options taken up for the chance. If we're setting them up the way MoM did -- where Heroes generated later in the game could have more random Abilities than they did in the early game -- that would also make it possible in the early game, but much more likely later on.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    heroes in MoM had a set amount of random abilities, but not all heroes were equal, and their costs varied (so stronger ones came later most of the time).

what do we do about mounts? do we work in the abilities that having the mount they have would give? i imagine not all heroes are mounted.
    Last edited by jamoecw; 04-07-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Actually Fang was a non-Champion level Hero. He actually only needed 10 Fame to be available.

About the Unhallowed... Personally I don't think we should place any Hero restrictions based upon Faction, Unhallowed or no.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post
    Actually Fang was a non-Champion level Hero. He actually only needed 10 Fame to be available.
    Yeah, and since Aaron talked about having 25 hero slots in the OP as opposed to champion slots, I figured it would be a good place bring up non-Champion level Heroes from MoM we might like to see again.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    You know, with five overtypes of heroes we want, and twenty five hero slots, would it be a bad idea to say that each general type gets five heroes?
    The Wiki.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    You know, with five overtypes of heroes we want, and twenty five hero slots, would it be a bad idea to say that each general type gets five heroes?
    i have no problem with that concept in general, we just have to make sure we don't have any lockpicking masters and such to keep the categories diverse (should be easy to do).

Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    Yeah, that's not a bad place to start, but like jamo said, 5 master rogues might be a bit much. I'd rather have a rogue, an assassin, and a bard for that class type, then take the remaining two slots and add a caster and an undead maybe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast