Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V 1.0.378m

Hybrid View

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar

V 1.0.378m

• Resources should alter the total bonus shown in the Info-panel, i.e. Gold in mountains should not show 0%, 0%, 0%
    • Using the "Go To" button from the army list brings up the City list??? which will not close until you go into a city
    • When splitting armies, they will not move out of a city unless it is to a tile that is in their "green" movement range
    • How does Power 110 == 6 Mana, 13 Spellcraft, 9 Research ???
    • Esc did not bring up the menu

This newest version still doesn't allow you to end turn when there's still stuff you can do. I'm sorry, I'm out of patience for games where you can't even move your units properly. (Yes, I'm in more than 1 Alpha/Beta right now.)

Resources aren't completely, totally, and fully implemented yet. We're working on it

We're currently discussing the "Needs Attention" mechanic to streamline it. Other than the army moving situation do you have any other thoughts?

We're considered allowing you to turn off each of those messages. How would you feel about that?

As for the bugs: Thanks for the feedback
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Maybe something as simple as right-click on the circle to cycle through all your messages - include "End Turn" in the messages.
    Then if the player clicks on End Turn when there are un-addressed messages, pop up an "Are You sure?"

But I do think that if an army has a GoTo order already, that they should not be included in the "This army needs attention" list.

In battleboard, when choosing a spell, the popup spell description doesn't have a background and is hard to read.

Came out of battleboard and units are invisible. I clicked on the tile the tooltip pointed at and nothing happened. Clicked on the portal and my unit appeared. (This was all in 3D mode, no alternate angles.)

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Beo View Post
    Tutorial isn't broken, it might not be completely clear. Big red tab won't appear unless you've spent enough mana.
    The spell is supposed to happen in a single turn for the tutorial.

But you're right, it's not actually broken (I edited my comment), it's that the tooltip hides the 'big red tab'.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

• Tutorial Turn 5 Tooltip hides the 'big red tab'. Maybe a new Tooltip that points to the tab is in order.
    • In battleboard when choosing a spell, the popup spell description doesn't have a background and is hard to read.
    • When in combat and you're out of casting skill, you can drill down to look at spells in your spellbook. Suggest graying out spells that you don't have enough skill/mana to use.
    • Spellbook interface has a non-standard "Close" button. All (?) other interfaces have an X in the top-right. It took me a good while (and almost reported a bug) before seeing the "back" and "close" buttons.
    • After finishing combat, Army is invisible on the world-map until the portal is clicked (then it appears on the Portal square)

Last edited by WyldeRhide; 04-12-2014 at 04:11 PM.

The tutorial is borked in this build. On turn 5, you're supposed to cast your first spell. The tooltip says to click the book and then a big red tab. Clicking the book shows you your spellbook. Can't progress any further.

UPDATE:

The tooltip wasn't very helpful. It said to click on the spellbook, then on a big red tab, then select Fire Arrow. Part of the problem is the "big red tab" isn't very big and the tooltop is overtop of it (so I didn't see it the first 2 times I ran the tutorial.

Is there a reason for making casting an overland spell a multi-step process? It's not very intuitive as it is in this build.
    Last edited by WyldeRhide; 04-12-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Developer
    Tutorial isn't broken, it might not be completely clear. Big red tab won't appear unless you've spent enough mana.

Are locations such as watchtowers, gates etc supposed to be visible, in the unexplored black areas?

WOM_70.71056.jpg

Also, my armies, keep disappearing off the world map.
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Armies with GoTo assigned causing “Armies Require Attention” to fire off was a bug. It's now fixed

Right clicking to cycle through the messages is an interesting idea.

We're considering completely rewriting the tutorial before release. Still, we appreciate you giving us feedback on what we've got for now. The new Alpha testers can still make use of it for the time being.

Nothing is supposed to be visible under the fog of war.

We're working on the “disappearing armies” bug.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    We're considering completely rewriting the tutorial before release. Still, we appreciate you giving us feedback on what we've got for now. The new Alpha testers can still make use of it for the time being.
    I'll lay off then. =)

I tend to focus testing on the tutorials since most folks seem to dig into the gameplay to find bugs. Since players usually get their first impressions of a game in the tutorial, I want to help it be as flawless as it can be.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WyldeRhide View Post
    I'll lay off then. =)

I tend to focus testing on the tutorials since most folks seem to dig into the gameplay to find bugs. Since players usually get their first impressions of a game in the tutorial, I want to help it be as flawless as it can be.
    well that is using your noggin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast