Thread: Tulvan Dreamchaser

Tulvan Dreamchaser

We have a High Men wizard who's a heretic. Do we have background pitches?
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    You know, it's be easy to make a heretic be some sort of death mage with the Unhallowed. Let's do something more interesting.

Perhaps he went on a multicultural trip to learn of other races and their magics, ad got exposed to their gods as well. If he worshiped orcish gods of pillage and raiding, that would make him a heretic to the other High Men, wouldn't it?
    The Wiki.

I see where you're coming from, but as the universe is basically polytheistic I don't think that's heretic enough. I think he needs to oppose all gods. In fact, I think it would be good if his long range goals included becoming a Sorcerer Lord and then a god himself. Maybe ambition has made him a heretic.

We do need to avoid the death magic take. We've got that already.

How could we pitch ambition as a study of magic? Mentalism? Biomancy? Is he trying to start with immortality and go from there?

Do we have more suggestions?

I think mentalism is a good fit; if you're dominating opponent's minds you most likely enjoy power and control.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Call it Biomancy, and he is a heretic towards death, wishing to invent universal immortality?
    The Wiki.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    the only way to really be a heretic in a world with active forces seeking to take control of the weave, while being a wizard (that is not beholden to any god or morality), would be trying to overthrow magic itself. something like technology from arcanum, the whole animosity between technology and magic. it doesn't have to be technology exactly, just making magic not all powerful. either by removing it, or spreading it around in a way that can't normally be done (all it takes is enough study, or maybe you just need to buy a wand that will work for anyone and can be mass produced).

if there was an ability that gave all units in a stack without a ranged attack a magical ranged attack, i'd give it to this guy.
    Last edited by jamoecw; 04-15-2014 at 07:06 PM.

Agree with jamo.

Apparently I forgot to hit "post"....

Either way, here's what I got:

Tulvan

And Jamo, I see what you mean, but the Heretic Discipline kind of paints an "against the gods" picture already.