Thread: Bugs/errors I spotted and few suggestions

Arcane Candidate

Bugs/errors I spotted and few suggestions

Hi,
    After playing a few games I got myself together to write a comment on current game state. Version 1030:1031

But first a quick question, is there a place where there is a TO DO / DONE list?

My suggestions:
    • in worldmap, a moving unit should be autoselected at the beginning of a turn
    • after a unit or building finished building, there could be autofocus on the city
    • there could be an info what the city is building at the moment (world map)
    • also the city could have a 'level indicator' like in Civilization
    • engineers could build road to a point on the map, not only on one tile
    • maybe some info on how long building a road will take (but not the MOM style with annoying confirmation every time)

Bugs:
    • many units use same icons
    • opponents turns take a long time
    • some of opponents units have the same banner as player's units (world map)
    • Autocombat seems buggy to me: opponent attacks my empty city, I choose autocombat, I win EVERY TIME
    • there are no HEROES
    • there is no SUMMON SPIRIT spell
    • there seem to bo no NODES to meld on
    • comparing to MOM, there are very few monsters, but obviously this is still very early game
    • animations of units during battle are very slow
    • in worldmap, there is no information how many moves and what kind of moves the unit stil has
    • some of resources have flashing stars on them - what do they mean?
    • there is no info on what the city limits are
    • in the city screen, icons of production in queue are missing
    • I'm not sure the resources are adding wright, ie. I have 120 (+15) gold, and next turn I have 123 (whereas, I should have 135)
    • there are too many autosaves - is it possible they are the cause of long enemy turns?

thanks for the feedback!

many units use same icons
    Icons (both unit and spell) are in progress. Actually we added a lot of spell icons lately.

some of opponents units have the same banner as player's units (world map)
    I was pestering everyone about it the other day, it's on our TODO list

Autocombat seems buggy to me: opponent attacks my empty city, I choose autocombat, I win
    that's because cities have garrisons (the lowest military unit, i.e. spearmen for high men), which are probably too big right now, will be balanced sometime later.

there are no HEROES
    there is no SUMMON SPIRIT spell
    These will be added later (Spirit probably sooner than heroes)

there seem to bo no NODES to meld on
    There should be - nodes are those black weird-shaped thingies with glowing colors

comparing to MOM, there are very few monsters, but obviously this is still very early game
    the feature system is being revamped, and with it the roaming monsters too.

animations of units during battle are very slow
    we will be adding animation speed options.

some of resources have flashing stars on them - what do they mean?
    not sure what you mean - probably just particle effects

in the city screen, icons of production in queue are missing
    yup, not all of them - they are too in the making

I'm not sure the resources are adding wright, ie. I have 120 (+15) gold, and next turn I have 123 (whereas, I should have 135)
    The numbers in parentheses are switched during enemies' turn to their incomes - please check if it that's the case.

there are too many autosaves - is it possible they are the cause of long enemy turns?
    the not-rolling autosave is for debugging purposes. Obviously it won't look like this in stable game.

Arcane Candidate
    Cool, I spent some time lately to check the new version and played with the Elves. Glad to say, that I did not encounter a frozen unit problem anymore.

Right now, the biggest issue for me is that after I end turn, I have to wait about 20-30 seconds for the AI enemies to end their turns. My computer is quite fast. Did anyone apart from me report this?

Quote Originally Posted by mist View Post
    Cool, I spent some time lately to check the new version and played with the Elves. Glad to say, that I did not encounter a frozen unit problem anymore.

Right now, the biggest issue for me is that after I end turn, I have to wait about 20-30 seconds for the AI enemies to end their turns. My computer is quite fast. Did anyone apart from me report this?
    Wait a second. The elves are in now? I had no idea!!! Argh, I'm not going to be able to play at all today.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Arcane Candidate
    I mean the Grey Elves (or dark, I;m not sure).

I the previous version they were available, but sth always was wrong, now you can play them. Archers are pretty cool I always loved ranged units in MOM, at least in the early phase.