Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Post bugs here

Developer
    Military units are only visible during battle.
    Are you sre there wasn't any "unit deserted" message?
    Looks like escaping sometimes causes some weird things, working on it.

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Is there going to be a dedicated Beta thread or shall we just post here? Anyway, to get started-

Got to turn 45, my second building finished and it locked up. The 'nullreferenceexception' thing came up and it couldn't be closed or cleared. Couldn't clicked anything, had to ctr-alt-del out.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/238856778/outputlog

Developer
    Which race were you playing? Which building was it?

Edit: Elvish building, we're on it.
    Edit2: Fixed.
    Last edited by Beo; 09-06-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Arcane Candidate
    Just played the Beta for the first time and noticed a couple of things.

• If you have the hints on and try to save a game while a hint is still on the screen, you see the hint behind the save windows bleeding through (could be by design?).
    • When picking spells before the start of the game, some of the spells did not have descriptions (I choose Merlin). It also could be a little more helpful to let you know that you need to pick each circle of magic to choose the spells to start out with (pointing arrows or something like that on your first try?).
    • When I first attempted to save a game, I deleted the typesavegamehere text in the field and then tried to type a new save game name but there was a 5 second or so lag when typing and seeing the characters on the screen from typing them.
    • Cities hints - Some of the screens need hints looked into "Every one thousand function" on page 1 and "golden triangles in the middle" on page 2. I didn't really understand what the golden triangles were but figured out how to build things in the city anyways.
    • Moving units hints - "An Army moves quick"
    • I can see floating objects and crystals in the shroud of darkness (by design?).2014-09-06_00001.jpg
    • The Marketplace in the city screen is missing the picture in the queue.2014-09-06_00003.jpg
    • Receiving an End Turn hint message when units can still move (it says no moves are left).
    • On a Dungeon pop-up screen, there is a movable arrow that doesn't do anything on the window.
    • On the Welcome hints, there is nothing on page 2 to look at (only one page of hints).
    • When using the arrows on the left side of the screen to select my units, these arrows select my fortified units (by design?).
    • After getting beat on turn 21, the game ended with a null reference pointer but the game did not crash.2014-09-06_00004.jpg
    • When showing zero food on the main screen, I'm prompted by a desert message if I select next turn.2014-09-06_00005.jpg
    • When a unit is working on a game object (Dungeon, Teleportation Stone, etc), it might be useful to have a hint there stating what the user needs to do to interact with the object.

I would like to say I like this game so far and can't wait for the official release. It looks very nice! Thanks.

LordCy

Developer
    If you have the hints on and try to save a game while a hint is still on the screen, you see the hint behind the save windows bleeding through (could be by design?).
    Save/load panel is semi-transparent.

When picking spells before the start of the game, some of the spells did not have descriptions (I choose Merlin). It also could be a little more helpful to let you know that you need to pick each circle of magic to choose the spells to start out with (pointing arrows or something like that on your first try?).
    We're constantly adding missing descriptions.

When I first attempted to save a game, I deleted the typesavegamehere text in the field and then tried to type a new save game name but there was a 5 second or so lag when typing and seeing the characters on the screen from typing them.
    That's weird. Try changing city's name and see if this happens again (enter city, then click on it's name)

Cities hints - Some of the screens need hints looked into "Every one thousand function" on page 1 and "golden triangles in the middle" on page 2. I didn't really understand what the golden triangles were but figured out how to build things in the city anyways.
    Thanks for feedback. The golden triangles have confused quite a few people.

I can see floating objects and crystals in the shroud of darkness (by design?)
    No, the fog of war is still in it's early stage.

The Marketplace in the city screen is missing the picture in the queue
    There's still a lot of buildings without renders.

Receiving an End Turn hint message when units can still move (it says no moves are left).
    If you give an order to an army it will be ignored in this check.

On a Dungeon pop-up screen, there is a movable arrow that doesn't do anything on the window.
    Fixed.

On the Welcome hints, there is nothing on page 2 to look at (only one page of hints).
    Fixed.

When using the arrows on the left side of the screen to select my units, these arrows select my fortified units (by design?).
    It selects next army without checking anything about it. An improved version is on our todo list.

After getting beat on turn 21, the game ended with a null reference pointer but the game did not crash
    These are harmless nulls, propably fixed.

When showing zero food on the main screen, I'm prompted by a desert message if I select next turn.
    You have negative gold income.

When a unit is working on a game object (Dungeon, Teleportation Stone, etc), it might be useful to have a hint there stating what the user needs to do to interact with the object.
    We're working on better interactions with features.

I would like to say I like this game so far and can't wait for the official release. It looks very nice! Thanks.
    Cool! Thanks
    Last edited by Beo; 09-06-2014 at 07:31 PM.

Beo just a quick question about the FoW, you say it's in the early stage is it still going to be black or stylised e.g rolling clouds etc?

Also-

They spammed like crazy and surrounded me but didn't attack.

Developer
    That's not yet decided.

Did you have walls built? Also, was there any unit in the city?

Quote Originally Posted by Beo View Post
    Did you have walls built? Also, was there any unit in the city?
    Palisade was up but no troops aside from garrison guard. It caused a far bit of slow-down but eventually they moved off. I guess an AI behaviour is to not attack walled settlements?

Developer
    Yes. It should be fixed tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

NEW BUGS FORUM
    http://forum.wastelands-interactive....c-Tech-Support

Neophyte Sorcerer
    I found one thing that's a bug, and one that may be or may not be.

I made an elf starting city, and a wandering monster elf druid wandered by. It attacked the city, and some of them died, and some escaped. I sallied forth my archers to chase down the escapees, and killed them in battle. The problem is, their image remained on the main map after the battle, and if I moved my units in there, they went right through them like they weren't there. You could walk right through them but not engage. Definintely a bug.

The one that might not be, or maybe I am just not doing something right, is this: I started me character with the "merchant" ability, and my starting city with starting units is losing money turn 1. I don't think I'm getting the merchant bonus. I have to do Trade goods for a few turns while my city builds to build up money, so that I can go negative long enough to finish a marketplace. I would think if you start as a merchant that wouldn't be required, I'd hate to see what the economy is like as a non-merchant if that is NOT a bug.

Anyway, what is there looks nice so far, the spell research interface could use a bit more info but I'm sure that's coming. I'm excited about where things are going and looking forward to more. So thanks.
    Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how great your achievements, or how miserable your failures, there will always be one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast