Duration: Persistent
    Maintenance Cost: 1 Mana Per Turn
    Spell Resistance: -
    Allows Savings Throw: -
    Applicable Saving Throw: -
    Saving Throw Effect: -
    Effect: City Buff
    Increase Effect: -

The caster divines a magnificently brilliant jewel from the depths of the earth and transports it out with magic. Henceforth the jewel is placed in one of his cities, causing the unrest in the city to plummet as the inhabitants are awed by its splendor. This provides a 50% bonus against unrest in the target city.
    Divine For Minerals
    Circles: Earth, Mentalism
    Description: Creates a low-level beneficial mineral(iron, gold, etc) in a world-tile, so long as upkeep is paid.
    Forums:
    Veins of Power discussion here
    Circles: Earth / Mentalism or Biomancy
    Description: Enchanted city produces +1 mana point for each tile of mountain in its area of influence. (this spell has no upkeep cost)
    Roots of Power discussion here
    Earth/Mentalism or Biomancy
    Enchanted city produces +1 mana point for each tile of forest in its area of influence. (this spell has no upkeep cost)
    Stream of Power discussion here
    Earth/Mentalism or Biomancy
    Enchanted city produces +1 mana point for each tile of river in its area of influence. (this spell has no upkeep cost)
    Placate the Masses discussion here
    Circles: Earth / Mentalism
    Description: Unrest in enchanted city is reduced by 2 for each tile of Gemstones, Gold, Silver, or Pearls that are in its area of influence.
    Charm Titan discussion here
    Description: The chances target Titan joins your side increase 50%.
    Cognizance discussion here
    Description: You know what strategic/global spells your opponents are casting.
    Earth Awarness
    (Earth, Mentalism) : the location of all cities (with what information (size, owner, race, ...) is to be decided) is displayed on the map.
    Gravitybond discussion here
    Description: All creatures with flying lose flying.
    Nature's Eye via circle change discussion here
    Circles: Earth? / ?
    Description: Increase the scouting radius of target city.
    Emerald of Brilliance discussion here
    Description: The caster divines the most perfect jewel from the depths of the earth and digs it out with magic. Henceforth the jewel is placed in one of his cities, causing the unrest in the city to plummet as the inhabintants are awed by its splendor.
    Builder's Resolve via circle change discussion here
    Circles: Earth / Augmentation
    Description: Increase production of enchanted city by 15%.
    Merchant's Resolve via circle change discussion here
    Circles: Earth / Augmentation
    Description: Increase gold production of enchanted city by 15%.
    Dance of the Marionettes
    Earth/Mentalism
    Joins the populace of a city in harmonious union with their lands, boosting resource production. Prevents production of settler units in the city (no one wants to leave).
    Shallow Magic via circle change
    ?/Mentalism
    Players can't infuse spells.
    Illusonary Minerals discussion here
    Description: Creates an illusion of a mineral. No benefit is gained from it, except fooling enemies.
    Mineral Divination
    Earth / Mentalism
    The caster divines and conjures forth the requisite minerals to be able to produce one unit he otherwise could not build.
    Nature Awareness (MoM)
    Description: Permanently reveals all unexplored tiles on the overland map (in all planes).
    Reveals all enemy/neutral Cities and units except Invisible ones.
    Earthen Rumbles
    (Tactical) target unit hears loud rumbles from under the earth reducing its atk, AC, and spell casting skills by 80% if a Fort save is successful, the penalty is halved
    Steadfastness
    (Tactical): Troops believe themselves to be as steady as the proverbial rock. Unit gains a bonus to saves versus enemy mind-affecting effects.
    Strands of Power
    Strategic - Target City gains +1 Power for each _named_ terrain in its radius
    educate minerals
    strategic - upgrades mithral to adamant, or nothing to mithral. if cast on terrain creates the illusion of said mineral. if cast on a unit creates the illusion of the unit having weapons and armor of said mineral. after X (maybe 50 to start) turns illusion on unit becomes real, X*10 for terrain. every Y (10 probably) mana infused decreases X by Z (probably 1) number of turns. once real the spell no longer exists.
    Last edited by Troy_Costisick; 03-13-2015 at 01:41 AM.

First Attempt:

T1: Illusionary Minerals (S)
    T1: Placate the Masses (S)
    T2: Veins of Power (S)
    T2: Roots of Power (S)
    T3: Bauble of Brilliance (S)
    T4: Earthen Rumbles (T) target unit hears loud rumbles from under the earth reducing its atk, AC, and spell casting skills by 80% if a Fort save is successful, the penalty is halved (I figured this circle combo needed one tactical spell).
    T5: Builder's Resolve (S)
    T6: Cognizance (S)
    T7: Nature's Awareness (S)
    T8: Charm Titan (S/T)
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Illusionary Minerals seems a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by War Troll View Post
    Illusionary Minerals seems a bit odd.
    I know. It will be good for online play mostly, but I thought it suited level 1 better than the other choices.

Yeah I just read the discussion. I dunno for a level one spell I'd want something more utilitarian, especially as Placate the masses is highly dependent upon City location. You could end up with two useless level one spells is my concern. Might put people off.

That's a very good point, War Troll. Maybe Illusionary Minerals is just too situational.

Maybe open with a tactical spell, falling into the 'protect your soldiers from others that would seek to control them' bit of mentalism.

Name: Steadfastness (T)

Description: Troops believe themselves to be as steady as the proverbial rock. Unit gains a bonus to saves versus enemy mind-affecting effects.

I like that spell.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    i'd combine the roots of X spells as suggested by hoverdog (first by ampoliros).

amp's:
    Strands of Power - S - Target City gains +1 Power for each _named_ terrain in its radius

hd's:
    Strands of Power (S, +1 power per terrain type)

i'd probably combine mineral divination and illusionary minerals:
    educate minerals - strategic - upgrades mithral to adamant, or nothing to mithral. if cast on terrain creates the illusion of said mineral. if cast on a unit creates the illusion of the unit having weapons and armor of said mineral. after X (maybe 50 to start) turns illusion on unit becomes real, X*10 for terrain. every Y (10 probably) mana infused decreases X by Z (probably 1) number of turns. once real the spell no longer exists.

maybe have Y increase upkeep costs by a small amount for each increment.

that way you create illusionary minerals for both units and terrain. eventually it will become real, so if you are using it to fool someone you should end the spell before it becomes real (dirt cheap to make it be an illusion for a long time). it also serves as an extra cost to upgrading your units, so as to limit the rate you can pump up your units and cities, scaling well even into the late game.
    Last edited by jamoecw; 04-15-2014 at 07:21 PM.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    T1 - Placate the Masses - S - reduce unrest per gemstone
    T1 - Mineral Divination - S - one off - be able to build something for which you're lacking a mineral
    T2 - Nature's Eye - S - increase scouting range of city
    T2 - Steadfastness - TS - +2 Will, +1 Fort
    T3 - Bauble of Brilliance - S - 50% reduction in unrest
    T4 - Shallow Quakes - T - Battlefield Enchantment - all walking units are debuffed, Reflex for 1/2
    T5 - Cognizance - S - Global - know enemy spells/crafts in progress
    T6 - Shallow Magic - S - Global - dis-allow Infusion
    T7 - Nature Awareness - S - Reveals all tiles, while upkeep is paid, also shows units
    T8 - Charm Titan - S - increase chance Titan joins you

Earth/Augmentation already has a prod bonus spell, so Builder's Resolve is right out.
    Last edited by ampoliros; 04-15-2014 at 11:26 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast