Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pilarica

Hybrid View

Pilarica

A human priestess. Again, we have a very clear vision. Does anyone want to throw a lore lead out there?
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    For whatever reason, her name is giving me the mental image of a preppy goth.

Priestess of the night sky, perhaps?
    The Wiki.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    name sounds greek.

Quote Originally Posted by jamoecw View Post
    name sounds greek.
    It also sounds a lot like it's croatian or serbian. You actually might want to check if it doesn't mean something in those languages

Quote Originally Posted by Wojciech View Post
    It also sounds a lot like it's croatian or serbian. You actually might want to check if it doesn't mean something in those languages
    it is a female spanish name, and seems to be a derivative of the word pillar (pilar in spanish), and is connected to the virgin mary.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    I see Ariel's MoM picture when I hear the name.

hmmm. a priestess of the night, but the light of the night. so of starlight and moonlight. not the harsh dark night sort of thing maybe. easy to be misunderstood with such beliefs (night is often thought of as full of terrors), which would fit a goth sort of attitude. it is a bit out there though.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Jamo, sounds like you're describing a Wiccan. (At least based on what little I know of Wicca.)
    That falls closer to a Druid than a Priestess.

I think a toga wearing, kotinos crowned, Olympic athlete Priestess would be neat.
    She would concentrate on the physical buff spells, with only basic healing.

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post
    I think a toga wearing, kotinos crowned, Olympic athlete Priestess would be neat.
    She would concentrate on the physical buff spells, with only basic healing.
    I'll +1 this.

yep, it is wicca. being that wicca is a catchall for modern paganism, and that paganism is a catchall for druidic religions it covers a pretty wide range of beliefs. a moon goddess is more specifically neo paganism, which is one part druidic, one part christianity. the moon goddess is the embodiment of the christian side of neo paganism. so basically the moon goddess is called the triple goddess and is kinda the virgin mary, jesus, and the holy spirit all rolled into one. the druidic part of neo paganism is the male side, the horned god, which is the embodiment of plants, animals, and the sun.

when i suggested it i was thinking more of a religion from a fantasy book i read (which was most likely based on wicca, now that you mention it) where the elves worshipped the moon, the stars, and dew formed in the night. with a more christian take on it obviously with the whole holy light sort of thing, but less searing, blinding sort of holy light. which of course is more neo pagan than the fantasy book (and thus a full circle, given that the triple goddess is based on three of the greek goddesses: artemis, selene, and hecate).

any way i like the idea of a toga wearing holy priestess, working some gothic attitude in might make it less stale though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast