Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zubaz the Storm

Zubaz the Storm

This one is from Cirno. I like it (although I plan to tweak the lore as I always do). A monk with an affinity for lightning is interesting. It reminds me of Big Trouble in Little China, lol.

Here's the pitch:

Class: Monk
    Born under a blood red moon and trained by the mysterious order of the storm, Zubaz was almost blessed by the gods to unite the land. Sadly the gods forgot to set that as his destiny and now this powerful fist fighter wanders the land without purpose. After being rejected from several armies for being too spikey, he decided to make his own fortune as a mercanary for any who want his services.

Abilites and perks:
    First strike + Negate First strike: Lightning always strikes first.
    Wall Crusher: It won't be a matter of will he break down that wall, but when.
    Electrical Immunity: You can't fight fire with fire.

Traits: Zubaz attacks similar to the Cutter units, prefering to use mutiple blows with his fists rather than strike with a heavy weapon. Usually this might be ineffective, but thanks to his training Zubaz is able to enchant his hands with Electrical energy, making him much more dangerous than he may seem at first. Zubaz also sees ranged weaponary as rather weak, prefering to get his hands dirty in close-combat wheever possible, however he is in possession of a whip that he may use to strike a foe that isn't in melee range.

Thoughts?
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    i'm not sure about the whip, but the rest is fine, we just need a race. which race has not been done a lot, insectoid maybe?

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Agree about the whip, it takes the focus off the unique lightning fists aspect. +1 for concept. As he has a spikey attitude maybe Dwarf or Orc? Be interesting to see what Cirno thinks.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 for Orc, though Insectiod wouldn't be bad either, i don't think we have any for them yet.
    The Wiki.

So, we have Orc and Insectoid on the table. Let's get some +1s and come to a decision

Er... +1to orc because the whole viking thing they have going on seems to fit better with him?
    The whip was also something I added in an attempt to give him a ranged attack so that can go...

I think I should point out that I suggested Zubaz as a joke and I really, REALLY didn't expect him to be seriously considered as a Hero. We may or may not need to change a few details because um... well, Zubaz is sort of a thing thanks to the "two best friends play" youtube peeps. He has been in Divekick, is getting a mecha in Kaiju Combat and is a bonus boss in Shovel Knight. For more examples, just google his name. Srrsly.
    'Everything you wanted to know about Dark Elves that i'm allowed to post' - thread coming soon

maybe we should 'dare to be different.'
    i figured you'd do a rooster bard as a joke:
    Clipdale2.jpg

Hmmm.... I liked the idea, but we certainly can't use that name.

I didn't think a lightning attuned monk was "out there" enough to be a joke. I mean, it really made me immediately think of Big Trouble in Little China. Still, maybe I'm just crazy, lol.

So, do we want to change the name or drop the idea? (Keep in mind that we are running low on Hero slots.)

depends on how monks are done i guess. if they use weapons like in MoM i probably would just drop the idea, but if they end up being decent without weapons/armor and such like in DnD then it would be a nice curveball to throw at people that like to rust armor and break weapons.

of course if it would require extra dev time to do it right i'd probably hold off on monks till a DLC in which they can be done right.

I agree with jamoecw.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast