Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ixi - Ghostly Bard

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    undead insectoid maybe (well a ghost of one). i don't see actual insects being noticeable ghosts, but insectoids should have spirits just like any other sentient species.

good call on the name connection, it fits well. as a ghost that forgot where she came from, she might not have a coherent enough of a form to be called a ghost of any specific specie though.

-1 to making him an Insectoid, LOL.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Not an insectoid, lol. Still, we like the idea.

Name suggestions?
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

So, really, no more name suggestions?
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    I kinda like Ixi (I presume it's pronounced 'Icksy'). As a mischievous spirit that doesn't recall it's name and changes it constantly I guess it'd be a label or descriptive from those that encounter her. 'Ixi' sounds like 'tricksy' so it fits in my mind. 'Tricksy' would be another suggestion.

What about "Haint" for a name?

I prefer ixi myself, as I too see it as a mischievous sprite, type spirit.
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    well when you first heard of her she was called haint, due to the fact that she was a ghost of a human peasant killed in an orc raid long ago. when you hired her she called herself ixi, due to being a long dead noble male insectoid killed in a civil war. last time you spoke to her she called herself laura, due to her being the spirit of vengeance for a long since forgotten dark elf house. the names and stories all seem a off in some way, and that is even before you take into account that she hasn't had the same name more than twice since you've known her. what ever she is called and whatever her story is matters little.

Quote Originally Posted by jamoecw View Post
    well when you first heard of her she was called haint, due to the fact that she was a ghost of a human peasant killed in an orc raid long ago. when you hired her she called herself ixi, due to being a long dead noble male insectoid killed in a civil war. last time you spoke to her she called herself laura, due to her being the spirit of vengeance for a long since forgotten dark elf house. the names and stories all seem a off in some way, and that is even before you take into account that she hasn't had the same name more than twice since you've known her. what ever she is called and whatever her story is matters little.
    Nice!!!!

I like jamoecw's post, but I'll +1 to Ixi for a name.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast