Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Balkoth the Ill-Starred

** off topic post split **
    Last edited by Gazz; 06-08-2014 at 11:26 AM.

A toggle is a good idea.

We've talked a lot about randomly generated heroes in the past. The general feeling was that we want them. However, I'm not sure they're going to make it into the initial release. There's just a good bit we've got to get done before version 1.0 is ready
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Personally, I'd vote for heroes to have clones, and champions not to. Because everyone should be able to get heroes, but champions feel more epic if they are limited instead of everyone having a copy.
    The Wiki.

I'd opt for something with a little more... game... involved. =)

Clones with different names and the same backstory - yes, basically.

But each clone is slightly but noticeably different.
    In Balkoth's case, one Balkoth would be flying, another would be more Hellboy-ish and just a tough cookie, yet another might have fire breath.

Not every sorcerer needs to be able to get the exact same "super" heroes each time. Part of the strategy is playing with the cards you were dealt.

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    How much will you be able to customize Heroes/Champions? If there is lots of customization, multiple players having the same hero won't be as noticeable, as their heroes will still be somewhat different. I support adding as much customization as possible, but most of you already know this.

P.S. I forgot to mention this in my last post, but I think there should be two toggle switches, one for Heroes, and one for Champions.
    I am waiting for the relaunch before playing Worlds of Magic, so I don't check the forums as often as I used to. In the meantime, the main forum I post at is RPG.net, if anyone here needs to contact me.

I'm very pro-toggle

And you'll be able to do major customization to the heroes and champions. In fact, you'll be able to change almost everything about them.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Sweetness!!
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    Personally, I'd vote for heroes to have clones, and champions not to. Because everyone should be able to get heroes, but champions feel more epic if they are limited instead of everyone having a copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I'm very pro-toggle

And you'll be able to do major customization to the heroes and champions. In fact, you'll be able to change almost everything about them.
    two toggle switches sounds pretty good. i think happerry's idea of limited champs is reasonable, and i like it, though toggle switches sounds better (i imagine i'd toggle off clone champs most of the time).

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456