Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Balkoth the Ill-Starred

Standard d20 half-fiends usually do have wings.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM...MM35_PG147.jpg
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 06-06-2014 at 08:54 PM.

True. Plus I like wings
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    ...The Vindicated is a nice title. Looks good! The origin is.. very Hellboy (enough that I could wonder if "koth" might mean "boy" in his native language... <grin>), but it's a nice fantasy spin on it.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I'm against Flying as well. I wasn't picturing him with wings.

Unless he gets flying by abusing Druidic Wild Shape, in which case it is totally ok and in theme with the subverting expectations he is all about. Though the 'suddenly we have druids after all' point is taken...

If he's going to be a priest, I'd like to vote for him to be a Hierophant...
    Last edited by Happerry; 06-06-2014 at 10:11 PM.
    The Wiki.

Like Aaron, I like wings.

That said, how about giving him something like a Chaos Channels effect? i.e. sometimes, he'll have wings, sometimes, he'll have extra natural armor, sometimes, he'll breathe fire. (determined on hero generation i.e. when he's hired.)

Also, how are heroes and champions being handled? is there only one of each in the game, or (as per MoM) can each SL encounter a version of each hero (with a different name from the default.)?

We haven't decided whether it's "one of each" per game or if we'll make tweaks where the same hero can show up with a different name. We're still mulling it over.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    We haven't decided whether it's "one of each" per game or if we'll make tweaks where the same hero can show up with a different name. We're still mulling it over.
    I'd prefer the latter. Not only is that how MoM did it, but otherwise, wouldn't it be difficult for all the players to get a full complement of heroes?

Just my $0.02, of course.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    I kind of like the sound of them being actually unique. It would make things like "Summon Champion" and other options that improve your odds of getting them early stronger, since you'd have a better chance of getting the ones you want before your enemies do. It might make it harder (or even impossible) to get a full complement of just Champions, but we have enough Heroes and Champions that each of five Sorcerer Lords (I'm assuming MoM's base of one PC plus four possible NPCs) could all have six, with a handful left over to replace ones that die. That could keep Heroes `in the game' -- making it worth actually building them up instead of just discarding them early on to open space for someone stronger.

And it would increase the time it would take to "discover" them all, improving replayability.

I can see this as something a lot of people might feel strongly, validly, differently about, though, so it might be another good thing to slate for an Options-Screen Toggle in the long run. (I really do like some of the things that we have talked about opening up for that, making it so that people can actually, to a large extent, shape their whole game-play experience! And not just the usual graphics and sound stuff.)

Another option could be to have an even lower tier of leaders (called captains, maybe?) that would be essentially expendable heroes. Though I like the idea of making unique heroes optional even more.

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    +1 to having a toggle switch. I'm personally going to play with each player getting his/her own set of heroes, and I think that should be the default.

+1 to captains.
    I am waiting for the relaunch before playing Worlds of Magic, so I don't check the forums as often as I used to. In the meantime, the main forum I post at is RPG.net, if anyone here needs to contact me.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast