Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kelithengol

Quote Originally Posted by Lintking View Post
    +1 to Jamoecw's concept. I know Drizz't was a long time ago now, but the Dark Elf Gone Rogue still feels cliche to me; the Dark Elf Gone Too Dark For The Dark Elves, on the other hand, I don't think I've seen before!

Just make sure he's not a two-weapon fighter, please...hehe...
    Agreed with Lintking. +1 to Jamo's ideas.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

+1 to Jamo.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 to Jamoecw's concept
    The Wiki.

OK, before I do the writeup I want to firm the pitch up a bit.

What we have so far is that Kelithengol freed a bunch of slaves because he feels slavery leads to indolence, weakness, and eventually, the collapse of empires.

In my mind he freed them rather than killing them because he respects strength, but doesn't take it to crippling extremes. In his mind you don't let a child drown because “only the strong survive”, but you save the child to see what kind of strength it develops once it's grown. True strength can create and destroy empires. No child can do that, nor can any slave. So, he set them free. Those who were strong enough to make something of that opportunity might become something, those that weren't would die or serve.

He also has no respect for his people (or any people). Strength is all that matters. He will serve whoever he feels is destined to rule the universe, even if it turns out to be the Unhallowed.

Is this the concept you guys had in mind or am I looking in the wrong direction?
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    you don't kill weak things, because they might get stronger. with strong enemies you must become stronger. if you kill everything when they are weak you never have strong enemies to face, and thus weaken yourself by killing needlessly.

very few fantasy stories go this route. the evil guy always wants to kill everything, and will strive to kill those that are trying to get stronger to keep them from being strong enough to stop him.

love the direction, wish story driven games would be as original (and thought provoking).

Well, all we need to do is start a story driven game project and get everyone here to follow us there. We'll be able to make one. No problem

And yea, I like the direction as well. I plan to do the writeup in the next few days (yes, I'm stretching the last few out a bit). Does anyone have anything else to throw in the hat for Kelithengol?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Well, all we need to do is start a story driven game project and get everyone here to follow us there. We'll be able to make one. No problem
    sounds like a plan. we can have a main villain that goes to villages and kills the militia, then moves on. the goblins and such then sack the towns of their own accord, and out of the destruction heroes, refugees, and raiders are born. this allows lots of flexibility and a whole region of turmoil that is realistic (no perpetual turmoil zones, you know, just because). the villain could be running around killing off the strongest tribes and such as well, and when you reach a certain level the villain comes for you in a final battle (instead of having a level cap).

where do i preorder/pledge?

Lol. That's actually an interesting idea. We may have to talk about it later

Of course, we have to get WoM out there first, lol.

Oh, and I plan to work on this writeup next week. We're getting down to the last few, so I'm not rushing. I should be done before the Beta and it's fairly close
    Last edited by Aaron; 05-23-2014 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Forgot something...

I was mulling Kelithengol over this morning. I'm not sure about the Drider aspect. It just seems to make him more monstrous and less impressive. I think it would be much cooler to have this small, thin, Dark Elf guy riding some light-boned horse who was a complete bad behind on the battlefield. Basically the idea being that his strength comes from something other than his body.

Thoughts?

sounds right.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast