Thread: Two of Three Champions

Two of Three Champions

OK guys, we currently have nine Champions in the Wiki and four that I'm waiting to hear from backers about. That leaves us with two slots that we have for sure. Two more may open up as I haven't heard anything from two of the four backers. At the moment we have three Champions that we're looking at, so we need to decide which two are the most popular. These three are (in alphabetical order):

Balkoth the Ill-Starred
    Grom
    Kelithengol

I would appreciate it if you guys would take a look and +1 the two you like best. If you can't decide you can +1 all three. That is almost that same as not voting, but it will prove you read this post to the end, lol.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Ok my vote goes to :-

Kelithengol

Grom
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Quote Originally Posted by zdsdead View Post
    Ok my vote goes to :-

Kelithengol

Grom
    +1 to this. These are the two I liked the best, personally. I think Balkoth needs more time to develop. Let's save him for the first or second DLC.

Peace,

-Troy
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    +1 Kelithengol. Honestly can't decide between the other two.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    +1 to Kelithengol, with Jamoecw's "Slavery Is Too Soft" background.

Grom feels a little too straightforward for a Champion to me, and we already have a fair set of heavy fighter types.

I like Balkoth's basis, and with the "Born bad, striving to be good" angle, he also fits Grom's advantage of being able to work for anybody, I think. But... Can I point out that Lady Lavinia is our only remotely female Champion? Could Balkoth be re-skinned to give us a female Caster in their ranks? Two out of twelve isn't exactly "representative", but it's better than one. Our Heroes have 7 out of 25, which is, well... better than Hollywood, at least. 2/12 is actually about Hollywood's average (about 15% of anybody you see in any movie, from the Extras right on up, will be female), but that's... bad.

We might think about it for Kelithengol, too, though the Dark Elves wouldn't be my top choice. I'm not sure where else we have room to work, though -- I know we're heavily constrained by the Backer Names, most of which are pretty solidly masculine.

I definitely think it's something to think about before we close everything out.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Balkoth the Ill-Starred
    Kelithengol

I wouldn't mind reskining Balkoth as a female as long as he didn't end up a skimpy succubi character, but I'd prefer him as a male.
    The Wiki.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    hmmm, lintking is onto something. though maybe we could have a few more female champs that happen to wear armour and such so that they don't appear as female (like samus before she took off her armour in the recent games). that way we could have more female champs, without them being feminine? its a thought, and a bit of a stretch. it would also cheapen the female knight a tad, so maybe not the best idea.

as for who i vote for, i'll go with kelithengol and balkoth, as they are more interesting than grom.

OK, the current scores are:

Balkoth the Ill-Starred: 5
    Grom: 3
    Kelithengol: 7

Does anyone have anything more to add?

I'm about to post a topic about another female champion. One of the backers got in touch with me over the weekend.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page