Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alexia Blackwing

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Mmm... as much as I'd like to go forth again, I like Jamoecw's tweaked version a lot. Just this,
    ...but above all she is still a Valkyrie, and her heart thirsts for honorable battle
    ...neatly makes her much more available, and the shift to an Orc rather than a Dwarf helps cement that our Angels don't only apply to the commonly-perceived-as-Good races. (As they clearly don't, since you can run a Life-based Lord with Dark Elves if you want.)

Breaking away from Lore and into mechanics, though, I think she should have Caster among her abilities; probably Life/Mentalism, as a somewhat different route to her inspirational abilities. Arms Master is totally appropriate, but it's feeling overused in our Champions - in her case, I'd note that she inspires heroics, not just... better soldiering. (So `Heroism' should definitely be in her personal spell list..<grin>)

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    there's only one other champion using arms master currently. caster wouldn't be bad, paladin feels like the class she should have, lore wise, but mechanically it has too much holy in it (healing, smite evil, etc.). should the divine stuff give for caster (as it is pretty strong)?.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 for jamoecw's version.

Personally, I wouldn't be against cross classing her as a fighter/cleric. Or just a fighter with some racial innates for holy abilities/spells/whatevers.
    The Wiki.

OK guys, I want to underline that I really appreciate all the lore ideas you throw out. I don't always grab them verbatim because they don't fit in with the rest of the lore. However, I pull out what I think of as the "gems" and use them as seeds for my writeups. This one went in a different direction from the original suggestions, but some of the main themes are still there in my opinion. Anyways, take a look and let me know what you think:

Alexia Blackwing
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    That gives us three Champions whose primary (and in two cases, only stated) purpose is to eradicate the Unhallowed. Are they going to make sense in a game where the Unhallowed don't generate as a primary focus? Or will we have something like how MoM always had Sss'ra (or, if you claimed his portrait, another NPC got Myrran), so there will always be at least one Unhallowed NPC Lord?

Thanks for getting the valkyrie lore right instead of making her a pop culture valkyrie aka Yet Another Female Warrior. =)
    (or as close as will fit the game world =)

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I don't remember MoM always having Sss'ra,,,,
    The Wiki.

I don't think the focus on undead is too heavy. The Unhallowed are hated and feared by most life. I stuck it in as a driving motivator where I thought it made sense. And even if there are no Sorcerer Lords using the Unhallowed the Shadow Plane will only contain their cities at the start of the game. (This is actually an advantage that is going to offset the no-diplomacy limitation the unhallowed have.) And one of the goals of the AI is to make it form neutral empires that aren't run by any Sorcerer Lord. So, the undead will always be a problem for the living unless you've turned them off in the settings.

Either way, I think it will be fine. If it turns out I have “hate the undead” turned up too high I can always turn it down, lol.

And I appreciate the frank feedback
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    I don't remember MoM always having Sss'ra,,,,
    depends on the patch, there was always at least one person in myrror, and he is guaranteed to have the myrran retort. i think the latest patch makes sure to vary the sorcerer lords more, and thus makes him less likely to be the only candidate to be the myrran SL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12