Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Battleboard Pacing

Quote Originally Posted by Torin View Post
    +1
    I can't believe everyone missed this - SIMULTANEOUS MOVEMENT - Obviously the actions will still be sequential but the animations will start as soon as you click them. This will take care of 90% of battlefield monotany. It will also make the battles way more stylistic and fun to play. You can even add an option to allow the AI's animations to be somewhat simultaneous (like a 1-2 second delay between the start of each induvidual animation). Please implement this

(is it just me or what this possible in the original battleboard... before it was "fixed" lol)
    +1,000,000,000,000

This would be FANTASTIC!

Really, this a lack of simultaneous movement has always been my biggest beef with ANY 4x game. Being able to select a group of units and just send them forward to do their attacks would be incredible.

It's still in the list of things we're considering. We've got a lot of little changes to make and we want to make them one at a time.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I've seen simultaneous movement be done badly a lot more then I've seen it be done in a fun way... I'm not against it, but if we do it I want an option to turn it off if you don't like it...
    The Wiki.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Brian View Post
    +1,000,000,000,000

This would be FANTASTIC!

Really, this a lack of simultaneous movement has always been my biggest beef with ANY 4x game. Being able to select a group of units and just send them forward to do their attacks would be incredible.
    this is actually group orders, simultaneous movement is typically both sides deciding what they want to do at the same time (when they get carried out varies between systems, and very few systems have your units doing their thing at the same time). group orders can be simply each characters getting orders at the same time, then queuing them up to be done one after another. this is purely an interface issue (like telling a unit to attack and having him walk up and attack instead of telling to walk up, then telling him to attack separately).

Neophyte Sorcerer
    i don't know how hard it would be to implement but having the option to arrange the starting unit position for each army on the worldmap would be nice. the AI would get a set of predefined starting locations of course.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234