Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unhallowed city

We appreciate the feedback guys!

Gazz, "No living space.", lol. (I know what you mean, that just made me smile considering the race in question is the Unhallowed )
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Yeh, I know, but "deading space" doesn't really mean anything. =)

If you're an intelligent undead, why can't you have nice things?
    Maybe you skip the kitchen in your interior design but if you want a library, a painting, pretty curtains... you can't just stash this in the open.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Undead wizards are still wizards, they need their dusty eldritch tomes and fancy laboratories~
    The Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    Undead wizards are still wizards, they need their dusty eldritch tomes and fancy laboratories~
    Indeed, and if the unhallowed want to manufacture anything, they'll still need warehouses and workshops, too. Pretty much, the only things they wouldn't need would be food and places to sleep.

When you really think about, stuff like the forge, books, timber and weapons just have to be kept dry or generally protected from the elements so they may be used. So maybe the Unhallowed cover things in tarps or have tents, just to make the cities looks like someone is active around there.
    Or maybe thats a stupid idea idk. :P
    'Everything you wanted to know about Dark Elves that i'm allowed to post' - thread coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Cirno9destiny View Post
    When you really think about, stuff like the forge, books, timber and weapons just have to be kept dry or generally protected from the elements so they may be used. So maybe the Unhallowed cover things in tarps or have tents, just to make the cities looks like someone is active around there.
    Or maybe thats a stupid idea idk. :P
    Well, that might actually work.

My reasoning: the unhallowed wish to eradicate all life, right? Doing so probably involves moving around. Basically, they could be like army ants. I.e. they only establish temporary bases while they clean out a region.

It's an idea, but we (and Devoncop) like the look of big glowing stone buildings for them. Plus, even after they completely destroy a place it's not like they need to move on. They can just sit there drawing negative energy from the corrupted world around them
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    if you look at the human cities, all you see is houses, which the unhallowed have no use for. so big and empty fits, except when it is big and empty the lack of the smithy and such that you built becomes evident. i'd advise that you take the keep (flip it 180) and have a big mound of dirt coming out of it so it looks like it is the entrance to their underground city, then put the headstones on the mound. i'd also keep the other buildings put around the city as they are. that way it looks empty, but not due to a lack of the buildings you have built. you also don't have to remodel anything (other than a mound of dirt), just move it around.

The big glowing stone buildings is a good look for them, gotta admit that.
    'Everything you wanted to know about Dark Elves that i'm allowed to post' - thread coming soon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12