Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wikied Spells

Wikied Spells

So, I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm working the spells in the wiki. I'm making minor tweaks and adjustments as I'm doing so. You guys can feel free to take a look:

Spells

We've got the circle of air close to fleshed out:

Circle of Air

(We may ax Dire Bars. We would rather have a non-summoning spell in that slot, but we need to come up with something good, lol.)

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know why I'm likely to be quiet for the next few days.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    dire bars, the criminals worst nightmare.

if you are looking for something summoning, but not typical, how about:
    living wind - (strategic) - summon being made of living wind. during battle the living wind grants all your units greater missile range, and enemies worse.

it would be either a unit, or a land transport, that isn't an actual unit, but an effect during battle that boosts the range of the range increment of your troops and reduces your enemies (less penalties for range for your guys, more for the enemy).

depending on coding challenges either a transport would be easier to do or a unit. if both are easy then you could pick which ever one you like better. a transport ensures that you only have one in the army (prevent stacking, or extra non beneficial living winds), and could set move to a certain amount, making it helpful to some (slower) and harmful to other (faster) compositions. it would prevent its use with ships (for good or ill), possibly land lock it, and maybe increase its max army size cost from taking one unit spot to ensuring 2 or more reduction in max stack size.

Dire Bats I should have said, lol.

A transport is an interesting idea! Let me give it a mull

You guys can go take a look at the Death lineup now:

Circle of Death

It's not completely finished, but it's getting close

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Maybe a Solid Cloud that people can ride around on?
    The Wiki.

just wondering, there were a lot of spells to look through and I might have missed it. Is there a spell that allows you to move a city to a target (legal) location?

We don't have a spell that does that yet, but it's a pretty epic idea, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    We don't have a spell that does that yet, but it's a pretty epic idea, lol.
    Maybe a high-level earth spell?

While we're on the subject, how about an air spell that let's you put your capital (or maybe any city?) in the sky?

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    I suggested one a while ago, actually. It was in a thread about the summoning circle, so many people missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless Rain View Post
    Aaron, surely you meant Summoning circle, not Summing circle. I have to leave soon, so I'll just make one spell suggestion.(Teleportation is considered summoning right? It doesn't fit into other circles and you are essentially summoning something from somewhere else on the map.)

Teleport City (Air/Summoning 8): You teleport a city and all units garrisoned in it to a new location. It costs 50 mana per square moved. You can also plane shift the city for 1000 mana. You can target other players cities, but it costs double the mana.
    I am waiting for the relaunch before playing Worlds of Magic, so I don't check the forums as often as I used to. In the meantime, the main forum I post at is RPG.net, if anyone here needs to contact me.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    flying fortress already exists.

i like the earth spell idea, it would help out with misplaced cities (instead of razing them and starting anew).

edit:
    endless rain, i remember that suggestion. it was good, though later it was revealed that the cost is charged prior to picking the target, so it would have to be a slider that can be set to be able to teleport, merge cities, or do the same with enemy cities (not sure about that one, unless there is always a range one can teleport their cities).
    Last edited by jamoecw; 06-25-2014 at 08:57 PM.

I thought of the relocation earlier when I was playing a MoM game. Sometimes when I start on Arcanus, I want to take my starting halflings, high men, barbarian or whatever, down into Myrror and get some adamantium units going. By the time you clear a spot, get the settler there, and build/buy enough buildings to get it going, you have either won the game already, or could have but decided to do that instead. Relocating the city seems like an elegant solution for this, and other things, hopefully it makes it into an addon if it isn't in the main game.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast