Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wikied Spells

A number of spell ideas are going to have to wait for expansions. Still, the beauty is that we can keep adding more as time passes

In any event, I've got most of the Earth spells in place.

Circle of Earth

We need a new name for Impassible Terrain. It's an Earth, Biomancy spell that keep all units (even magical flyers) from passing through a 4x1 area on the battle board. Feel free to make suggestions.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

name suggestions: Forbidden Lands, Lockout, Unnavigable Overgrowth

City Relocation would be a great idea for tier 9 spell

I like the name suggestions

And I like the idea of a town moving tier 9 spell
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    I like Forbidden Lands as a name generally, but it feels more like a Strategic-Map kind of effect. A 4x1 zone on the battleboard is a wall, not a land.

Is there any kind of graphic in mind yet? It sounds to me mostly like a wall that just goes up... and up.. and up... like the opposite of a bottomless pit; but while that sounds like an awesome effect, it sounds like a very vexing graphic, so I would assume we want to spin it towards something a little less vision-blocking.

Cloudwall, maybe? Except that sounds like it would block only Flyers, really...

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    name suggestions: Forbidden Lands, Lockout, Unnavigable Overgrowth
    +1 to Unnavigable Overgrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lintking View Post
    I like Forbidden Lands as a name generally, but it feels more like a Strategic-Map kind of effect. A 4x1 zone on the battleboard is a wall, not a land.

Is there any kind of graphic in mind yet? It sounds to me mostly like a wall that just goes up... and up.. and up... like the opposite of a bottomless pit; but while that sounds like an awesome effect, it sounds like a very vexing graphic, so I would assume we want to spin it towards something a little less vision-blocking.

Cloudwall, maybe? Except that sounds like it would block only Flyers, really...
    Yeah, I thought the same thing about Forbidden Lands a little while after I posted it. Cloudwall doesn't sound so bad, but it sounds like an air, or maybe a water, spell.

Ooo... idea for Forbidden Lands:

Forbidden Lands
    Earth, Protection
    Tier: 9
    Research Cost: TBD
    Casting Cost: TBD
    Upkeep: TBD
    Infusion Cost: --
    Saving Throw: Will Partial (see text)
    Spell Resistance: Yes (see text)

This spell makes the lands of the Sorcerer Lord who casts it hostile to his foes and rivals. As a result, units of non-allied Sorcerer Lords cannot enter lands controlled by his cities. Attempts to do so result in the attempting unit(s) taking damage (will negates this damage, but does not allow movement into affected territory.) Units whose SR is not overcome are completely unaffected by this spell. Units in affected territory are harmlessly moved to the nearest safe square outside said territory when the spell is first cast (no saving throw and SR does not apply.)

I like Unnavigable Overgrowth, but it dosen't really suggest blocking flying creatures to me. Also it sounds more like a 2x2 square than a long line (I think thats because its an overgrowth.). But maybe that's just me. Plus the only thing I can think of as a rename is Yggdrasil's Root, giant tree root blocking your path, but that isn't as cool sounding. ... wow this post was pretty worthless in content. XD
    'Everything you wanted to know about Dark Elves that i'm allowed to post' - thread coming soon

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I like Yggdrasil's Root myself.
    The Wiki.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    How about Etheric Barrier? `Ether' gives a suggestion of reaching up into the upper atmosphere, but also gives the suggestion of something... hazy, allowing the graphic effect to be see-through enough to not be a problem on the battle screen; but Barrier gives it the `hardness' of blocking movement.

(It should probably also stop ethereal creatures with that name, too, and I don't know if it does now. Of course, now that I think about it, I'm not positive that we have ethereal creatures.)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast