Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wikied Spells

Is Ether a biomancy type thing?
    'Everything you wanted to know about Dark Elves that i'm allowed to post' - thread coming soon

Chilingsworth,

We have a Death spell that's similar to what you suggest for Forbidden Lands. You can take a look here:

Domain of Pestilence

Of course, there's room for more than one. However, I wouldn't want it to completely prevent movement. It just needs to serve as a major discouragement in my mind.

Cirno, I don't think of Ether as being particularly bound to Biomancy. It does strike me as more “airy” though.

In other news I've made progress with Fire. You guys can take a look:

Circle of Fire
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Ouch, Blazing Martyr sounds harsh! I hope you guys have appropriate (i.e. horrifying) fx for it.

As for Forbidden Lands, I was basing the effects on the d20 spell Forbiddence.

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

Sorry for the double post, but my recent attempts at editing posts have been troublesome.

Anyway, an idea for a tier 1 fire and destruction spell:

Walking Bomb
    Fire, Destruction
    Tier 1
    Research Cost: ?
    Casting Cost: ?
    Area of effect: Single Unit
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Spell Resistance: Yes (see text)
    Saving Throw: Fort Negates (See Text)

Effect: This spell plants a seed of fire in the bodies of the effected unit. Though harmless in and of itself, the death of the unit causes this seed to sprout, causing damage in a radius around the unit. Friendly units receive neither a save nor SR against this direct effect. Enemy units do, and all units receive a reflex save for half against the damage caused by the target's death.

Slaveworks and Raise Militia look like really good low level fire spells for Dark Elfs. In theory.
    Summon Nightmares seems a little out of place to me (it proabablly isn't) and I would like to see a spell that sets a single square of land on fire for a turn.
    'Everything you wanted to know about Dark Elves that i'm allowed to post' - thread coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Cirno9destiny View Post
    Slaveworks and Raise Militia look like really good low level fire spells for Dark Elfs. In theory.
    Summon Nightmares seems a little out of place to me (it proabablly isn't) and I would like to see a spell that sets a single square of land on fire for a turn.
    Nightmares are generally portrayed as having a flaming mane (sometimes having more of them comprised of fire, depending on the setting).
    For example,
    Nightmare.jpg or a less fiery one:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Curtis6566; 06-28-2014 at 05:04 AM. Reason: It was to get rid of the attachment, but I failed.

Nightmares are generally fire based (in my experience) and so they're a good fit

What would be the result of the world tile having burned for a turn?

I've got most of the life spell up. And here they are:

Circle of Life

Yea, I know I wrote "Circle of Life", lol.

I'm not sure, i just like the idea of setting bits of land on fire. Maybe it just acts a damage field? Going though it or staying it will hurt a little or prevent healing.

Divine mentalism tier 4 spell: Chosen People. Makes a city immune to Mentalism spells. Maybe.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I'd prefer to rename that True Faith.
    The Wiki.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post

We need a new name for Impassible Terrain. It's an Earth, Biomancy spell that keep all units (even magical flyers) from passing through a 4x1 area on the battle board. Feel free to make suggestions.
    pillars of eternity, ether stone, limitless spires, gaia's breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post

What would be the result of the world tile having burned for a turn?
    well plants would be wrecked, but the ash would act as great fertilizer and the plants would bounce back a turn or 2 later. in the meantime you'd have boosted farm income from the tile, though perhaps from a less healthy type of tile (forest to grasslands, grasslands to desert, etc.).
    Last edited by jamoecw; 06-28-2014 at 10:00 PM.

Good name suggestions and an interesting effect

Circle of Water

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast