Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature request

Developer

Feature request

A way to see what's inside world feature / enemy army.

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Are we suggesting what we want to see across the board or just about scouting? I terms of World feature, I'd like the GUI to be similar to MoM's which I thought was just about right in terms of info- not too specific or vague about what you'll face. I was always curious as to why the 'Scouting' skill in MoM didn't help you out with intel on World Features so I think WoM could have a skill or racial attribute (such as for elves) that provides better insight. I assume there are spells etc that reveal all as well.

I think a MoM-esk GUI for world features is a great idea. With enemy cities I think it should depend on how close your armies are. With enemy armies I think you should be able to see what units are in them if they're in your view range.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Adept Sorcerer
    I agree with Aaron

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

In MoM every 2 extra food produced = 1 gold. This was a good way for you to get out of negative money without halting production. What happens to extra food in WoM?

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

----

I have 2 screens, when i move my mouse to the right I can get to the other screen where I try to write my observations here. However the left screen disappears when I click so I have to paraphrase rather then type exactly the message I see. Would be nice if I could see the game screen while typing.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

When starting a game, the initial city location should have some sort of minimum population/production requirements. I just started a game where my production and population growth were pretty awful.

At the moment excess food is lost (unless it's stored of course). I would be willing to consider converting it into gold at a set ratio.

The starting city will have a number of "minimum requirements" in time. They're simply not all in place yet.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    At the moment excess food is lost (unless it's stored of course). I would be willing to consider converting it into gold at a set ratio.
    Tying it in with the Farmer's Market building might be an idea.

I like how the granary storage mechanic works & I think the same mechanic only larger to the farmers market would be a good idea too.
    Last edited by Troy_Costisick; 08-03-2014 at 07:55 PM.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Adept Sorcerer
    I may be doing something wrong, but I think either the spells take too much base mana or the casting skill grows to slowly. I could not cast a level 1 spell false life even after many turns because my casting skill was only 14. I had plenty of mana but no skill. Maybe there should be a sort of logrithmic curve for skill increases where it grows faster at the beginning and slows down as you get higher. Or maybe start out with a base 20 skill. I think you should be able to cast a few spells per battle.

Also in MoM you got some spells to start with, I liked being able to do magic from almost the begining of the game.
    Last edited by Nudge; 08-04-2014 at 02:03 AM.

Heya,

I didn't get nearly enough time to play this weekend as I would have liked, yet I do have some feedback I'd like to share. Hope it's helpful

-One thing I would like is to be able to one-click a city and see its area of influence on the strategic map (the fat plus) much like you can see a units movement range on the battleboard.

-It would be great if I could "Clear Orders" for units by right clicking on them in the City GUI.

-For ordering a unit to travel to a city, it would be great to be able to click on the name of the city rather than the door icon.

-The spell False Life has an improper description.

-I chose the Palisade to build and it instantly appeared on the picture of the city in the city GUI before I even built it. I'd prefer city upgrades wait to be shown until after they are done being built.

-I would like to see roll-over labels for the magnifying glass, map, and will icons on the menu.

-The "Join the Steam Community" advertisement covers the Load button on the top right-hand corner when I go to the load screen on most resolution ratios. It is a small annoyance, but if something could be done about that, I'd appreciate it.

-The font used in battle now is MUCH improved. Great work!

-It would be nice to assign movement commands to a unit after it's been in battle to save time. Right now, once a unit fights, I can't give it further commands.

-The cursor stays a boot after battle for about five seconds or so. It's a little irritating on the strategic map when that happens. I don't think it's a bug exactly, just an annoyance.

-The spell circle selection method is very unintuitive and hard to use when creating a custom sorcerer-lord. I've given up on it. Please had plus-minus buttons, an up/down arrow, and/or let me type in the number of points I want to spend. The current system is fancy but too hard to use accurately.

-I LOVE the command options you gave use for the units, especially the fortify until healed option. All icons for them are very intuitive. Great work!

-It would be great if the menu, mini-map, and resource tracker bare in the upper right were all moveable like windows. This way, we could customize our GUI a little bit.

-Auto-combat option is good and quick. Great work!

-The brightness on the newest battleboard is too high. Once units get into the middle of it, they all blend together in a sea of bright yellow color. If you could tone it down a little or perhaps had more shading, that would be great. It's a BEAUTIFUL battleboard, easily the best so far, but it can be hard to keep sight of my units once they're in the middle of it.

-It would be nice if when I chose a unit to be produced in a city, that city would continue to produce those units until otherwise instructed.

-A "Save and Exit to Windows" option on the main menu would be nice.

That's all for now. Hope to play more tonight, and overall, I had a ton of fun with the game. Thanks for all your hard work, team!

Peace,

-Troy
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Arcane Candidate
    I'd like to see a mouseover that shows the details of food, production, etc.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast