Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Necromancer perc for non-Unhallowed wizard.

Necromancer perc for non-Unhallowed wizard.

Can this be somehow useful now? Because you can create some undead (which is great) but you do not have any negative energy supply and unit will desert (which is not working now but anyways )
    I wonder if there is some easy way to get negative energy supply if you're not playing Unhallowed race? I have searched in the Wiki and did not find any such spell in the Death circle.

There are two methods I'm considering. The first is to have them work like undead summons and require mana for upkeep. The second is to have no upkeep cost at all. My lean is toward the no upkeep cost if we can tweak it so that's it's not overpowered. The zombies are a reward for victory, just like magical items from a World Feature are. Imagine if every magical item you found had an upkeep cost. If we go the no-upkeep-cost method the zombies almost certainly won't gain experience.

In any case, this mechanic isn't set it stone at this point and we welcome feedback
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    There are two methods I'm considering. The first is to have them work like undead summons and require mana for upkeep. The second is to have no upkeep cost at all. My lean is toward the no upkeep cost if we can tweak it so that's it's not overpowered. The zombies are a reward for victory, just like magical items from a World Feature are. Imagine if every magical item you found had an upkeep cost. If we go the no-upkeep-cost method the zombies almost certainly won't gain experience.
    I like the idea of undead being a steamroller that gains momentum slowly but inexorably with success, so I prefer the non-upkeep method. It'd be great if there were neutral undead armies that could do that also.

That's a good point
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Have my +1 for no upkeep. The zombie katamari grows forever!
    The Wiki.

Personally I would still consider a way to convert mana to negative energy, for consistency reasons.
    I hope also that one day you introduce a way to convert every type of unit on the battlefield (so basically complement Creature Binding with respective spells for the living and undead) - and then you shall need NE source.

Of course I'm not against simple solutions And +1 for no upkeep no exp - zombies are mindless.

Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    Have my +1 for no upkeep. The zombie katamari grows forever!
    +1 from me too.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

+1 for no upkeep. However, I remember that in MoM enemy units that came back as 'undead' did not regenerate. Perhaps that may be an interesting mechanic for zombies as well? Or maybe they only regenerate when they kill other units, like a life steal ability.

Subsequently you could make a zombie unit for undead players that does regenerate and gains exp but subsequently costs negative energy as upkeep.

+1 from me too
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Caster of the Inner Tower
    +1 for no upkeep and no regeneration (so they "deplete" with time) for the "mindless" zombies you get through the necromancer perk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast