Thread: First impresions

First impresions

Well, I played the game for a couple of hours and gotta say I am happy, this feels like MoM, it might be a tad early but seems you guys are on the right track.
    I've played High men only, so far so that might color the impressions.
    I've run into some hurdles:

• Was able to hurry into negative numbers, somehow, not sure what happened, but hurried a spearman and ended into the negatives. bug?

• The money, food numbers seem unreliable at the moment, I have a small number of food (related to granaries and similar buildings?) and doesn't store more than that. Money on the other hand seems to go from +2(.5) to +6 at end turn (food excedent converted to money?) but the money amount only changes by the first number.

Suggestion: a Ledger, we need a way of seeing how many money enters and exits our kingdoms, if we use money, or whatever the undead use.

• City radius, we have no way of knowing how it works, I understand that this will change but it bears repeating. personally I'd like to have a detailed tile report in the city screen and a border in the world map to make things more visible (same goes for when selecting the build city option from the settler menu.

• Army Splitting, right now I haven't fully figured how to do so, the stacks tend to draw a lot of units I'd rather they stay in their home cities defending and that is problematic, to say the least.

I'd like to see some goodie huts or dungeons or whatever, Haven't explored too much this time so not sure if they are there, not implemented yet, or what. perhaps we should have a setting that determines the density of dungeons and goodie huts at creation?

Basic spells: the spellbook appears bare at the beginning, no spells at all, I personally feel we should be able to select a handful of spells, related to the number of circles we have, like in MOM to speed things up and give you some options.

Roaming monsters, so far I haven't seen a one, are they in yet? it might be interesting to set the intensity of the roaming monsters at game creation as well.

A funny one: My wizard is called "insert name here" or something along those lines and I am reminded of that factoid at each new turn , perhaps a check to force us to actually fill that important line line at wizard creation?(I'll be first to admit that my attention was on the circles and point distribution ) and while we are at it, perhaps the possibility of creating and storing custom wizards for new games? (like Legendary heroes does) at least a few slots to keep our favorite builds on hand would be great.

And speaking of speeding things up, it might be a good idea to reduce production times of basic buildings, I think that might speed up the early game, which is rather slow.

That is all thus far. Ah, is there a central suggestion thread, for the Alpha? at first glance I wasn't able to find one :/

I agree with a lot of what you said, just to tell you what I have noticed from playing regarding 2 things you mentioned.

1. The income and actual gold numbers are currently changing when you hit end turn, they seem to be cycling through what the other wizards have stored/income. This seems like something that will need to be worked out at some point.

2. There are "goodie huts" I have only found 1 type so far, but I found it several times in 1 game. The one I found was lost tribe or something, gave 5000 population to the nearest city.

Was able to hurry into negative numbers, somehow, not sure what happened, but hurried a spearman and ended into the negatives. bug?
    Any specifics? It should be disabled (and it worked correctly when I tested it a second ago)

The money, food numbers seem unreliable at the moment, I have a small number of food (related to granaries and similar buildings?) and doesn't store more than that. Money on the other hand seems to go from +2(.5) to +6 at end turn (food excedent converted to money?) but the money amount only changes by the first number.
    The amount of food stored is tied to the number of Granaries you possess (0 at start, 5 per each granary).
    At the moment, GUI displays the gold/food/mana of an opposing sorcerer lord during his turn. It will be fixed, but not too soon as it's a minor thing, not gamebreaking in any way.

City radius, we have no way of knowing how it works, I understand that this will change but it bears repeating. personally I'd like to have a detailed tile report in the city screen and a border in the world map to make things more visible (same goes for when selecting the build city option from the settler menu.
    City radius is on our TODO list. We'll try to include a tile report on the city screen. (and add the surveyor option too)

I'd like to see some goodie huts or dungeons or whatever, Haven't explored too much this time so not sure if they are there, not implemented yet, or what. perhaps we should have a setting that determines the density of dungeons and goodie huts at creation?
    There are a few right now, but we will be revamping the system in the coming weeks, with a GUI for scouting the feature before the attack (a la MoM), proper randomized guardians and loot.

Army Splitting, right now I haven't fully figured how to do so, the stacks tend to draw a lot of units I'd rather they stay in their home cities defending and that is problematic, to say the least.
    Drag the unit you want to split down, it should get to a new "unit window', then left-click on a adjacent tile to move the new army there.

Basic spells: the spellbook appears bare at the beginning, no spells at all, I personally feel we should be able to select a handful of spells, related to the number of circles we have, like in MOM to speed things up and give you some options.
    Indeed, socerer lords will start with a number of spells related to their circles. Soon.

A funny one: My wizard is called "insert name here" or something along those lines and I am reminded of that factoid at each new turn , perhaps a check to force us to actually fill that important line line at wizard creation?(I'll be first to admit that my attention was on the circles and point distribution ) and while we are at it, perhaps the possibility of creating and storing custom wizards for new games? (like Legendary heroes does) at least a few slots to keep our favorite builds on hand would be great.
    Yeah, we need to do something about the name.
    Right now you can edit existing sorcerer lords in the xml (Data/Streaming Assets/consts.xml), we might have a storage system, but that's for later.

Roaming monsters, so far I haven't seen a one, are they in yet? it might be interesting to set the intensity of the roaming monsters at game creation as well.
    There are, though they will be revamped along world features.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoverdog View Post
    Any specifics? It should be disabled (and it worked correctly when I tested it a second ago)
    Well from what I remember I had a half to almost built market, canceled the build and then hurried the spearmen

The amount of food stored is tied to the number of Granaries you possess (0 at start, 5 per each granary).
    At the moment, GUI displays the gold/food/mana of an opposing sorcerer lord during his turn. It will be fixed, but not too soon as it's a minor thing, not gamebreaking in any way.
    Good to know, yeah, it is rather minor, all things considered.

City radius is on our TODO list. We'll try to include a tile report on the city screen. (and add the surveyor option too)
    Groovy

There are a few right now, but we will be revamping the system in the coming weeks, with a GUI for scouting the feature before the attack (a la MoM), proper randomized guardians and loot.
    good to know!

Drag the unit you want to split down, it should get to a new "unit window', then left-click on a adjacent tile to move the new army there.
    Thanks, I feel it is a bit clunky as it works now, but I am not sure how to suggest a rework.

Indeed, socerer lords will start with a number of spells related to their circles. Soon.
    Excellent!

Yeah, we need to do something about the name.
    personally I find it hilarious, but I doubt it is working as intended, so just wanted to let you guys know

Right now you can edit existing sorcerer lords in the xml (Data/Streaming Assets/consts.xml), we might have a storage system, but that's for later.
    That is going to be an interesting feature, but agreed, not a high priority one.

There are, though they will be revamped along world features.
    Excelent, I'll look foward to that!