Thread: New strings in the French translation file

Neophyte Sorcerer

New strings in the French translation file

Our beloved team has made huge modifications to the original translation file.
    It has been decided to add the new sections after the last translated paragraph AND new strings into the already translated part (painted in green).

However, after a quick review, I noticed three points:
    1. Some strings have been filled in the file English.txt but not in the file French.txt (ex : eventGaiasCursedesc = Mother Earth is furious. Her cur versus eventGaiasCursedesc = Mother Earth is furious. Her curse strikes all the living!)
    2. Some strings have been removed in the English.txt file (ex : effectImmobilize). I assume that this is voluntary and that I should remove it in the French.txt file. Can we have a confirmation on this point?
    3. Some stings have been added in the English.txt file and not in the French.txt file (ex : effectManaLeak)

I think that each translator (mainly Trudd, Kilobug and myself) should check his part and make the corrections.
    What do you think?

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Fourth vigilance point: the string may have changed.

Old version:
    effectCharmPerson = Charmed

New string:
    effectCharmPerson = Take control of target

Beware!

ok for me.

However, after a quick review, I noticed three points:
    Some strings have been filled in the file English.txt but not in the file French.txt (ex : eventGaiasCursedesc = Mother Earth is furious. Her cur versus eventGaiasCursedesc = Mother Earth is furious. Her curse strikes all the living!)
    Some strings have been removed in the English.txt file (ex : effectImmobilize). I assume that this is voluntary and that I should remove it in the French.txt file. Can we have a confirmation on this point?
    Some stings have been added in the English.txt file and not in the French.txt file (ex : effectManaLeak)
    Welp.
    The english localization file grew rapidly and uncontrollably. We tried to add new text at the end of the document, but it appears it was not always the case.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    I did a few pages today, I'll try to do more tomorrow, but not sure.

Neophyte Sorcerer
    In the list of buildings (and buildings description so far), there are big holes (31-40, 64-70, and so on). And the list seems to begin again and again with minor changes. I assume it is the buildings' list for all races and some buildings are common to all races but we must translate (or copy/paste) all the strings.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kilobug View Post
    I did a few pages today, I'll try to do more tomorrow, but not sure.
    You did great work! However, I think that you can replace directly the English strings by yours, instead of putting it next. Somebody will have to do it eventually!

Quote Originally Posted by Eider View Post
    In the list of buildings (and buildings description so far), there are big holes (31-40, 64-70, and so on). And the list seems to begin again and again with minor changes. I assume it is the buildings' list for all races and some buildings are common to all races but we must translate (or copy/paste) all the strings.[COLOR="Silver"]
    The holes are there on purpose, they divide races & allow us to have places in case we want to add a building or two to one of the races.
    Most buildings are the same for all the races, so the descriptions are the same too, except for the "Allows:" part, which can be different for each one.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    You did great work!
    Thanks

However, I think that you can replace directly the English strings by yours, instead of putting it next. Somebody will have to do it eventually!
    Ah, I did it so people could easily check/proofread what I did. But ok I'll directly replace from now on.

Neophyte Sorcerer
    I guess there is enough work for everybody before the EA