Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My first impressions after a few hours

By all means keep posting

We need that feedback, man! And don't worry about mentioning something that's already been mentioned. We track this stuff internally. It's better for us if you repeat something than if you omit it. So, when in doubt post away.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Developer
    I hope its okay that I keep posting my findings here?
    Sure, that's what this forum is for

first short game I played, I moved a unit up on to a mountain (world map) decently close to the edge of my currently explored map (but not close enough to reveal anything) and the units top half was hidden behind the black portion of the map that hadn't been explored yet.
    Current FoW will be totally redone.

it doesn't seem as if being on a mountain increases LOS at all on the world map. Is this going to change at all?
    No plans currently.

Also, what are the plans, if any, for being able to tell what all of the world features do? I know that the features you interact with (portals, tombs) you click on and they say what they are, but I'm more thinking of things like healing herbs, ores and the like, where I only know what they do by looking them up on the wiki. Unless I'm missing something
    The round icons represent resources. We have this on our todo list.

So after todays update, I decided to start a new game.

I played the grey elves, and I decided to use the omniscient perk.

First, I am able to see everything on my starting little island, and the surrounding ocean (unsure if there is more) but I could not see the other planes (which I ticked the boxes for during world generation). I probably should have payed attention to see if I could see the enemy units moving around, but alas, I was busy playing the game lol.

next, I had left my city undefended and all of this happened 2014-09-08_00005.jpg

I had enemies all up in my city, but nothing was happening, and when I got my unit back, I tried to have it enter my city, and it couldn't, it would walk around attempting to. Similar thing happened when trying to walk on to a lost tribes space. I would just walk around it, but I couldn't actually get on to the space.

here is a save file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6ggepyw8y...MSaveFile?dl=0

oh, and when I say I couldn't view the other planes, I mean I would click the button in the bottom right and nothing would happen.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    brassbgeek you seem to either play a lot or take really good notes, either is a great asset to the game's development. i wanted to thank you for your work, so that you know that it isn't just devs that are grateful for your contributions.

I have been playing for a little while, although in total I've probably only played for about 4 hours.

On that note, I played for about 15 minutes. Started a new game since the Grey Elves one was so broken.

I started playing unhallowed. I was exploring, and once wandering mobs began spawning, I wanted my starting armies to head back to town. I simply told them to get there, and kept hitting the end turn button until it happened. Problem is, They couldn't find their way back. In fact, when I tried to do it manually, it was like there was a one way door. I could get things out of the city, but not back in. One of my units actually walked in the ocean and started wandering around in there to try and get back to the city.

So yeah, two broken games. lol

Here is a save file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6x9m9m1wbj...MSaveFile?dl=0

I will probably not play so much now, since I have managed to break two games in a row, and both had to do with pathing lol.

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

oh, and I am happy to help! I have been looking forward to this game since I backed it lol

Developer
    Thanks, we'll take a look.

Edit: Fixed omniscient. You can use "P" to switch planes until the next update.
    Last edited by Beo; 09-09-2014 at 07:34 AM.

oh, if you open up the grey elves save file, and open up the city, you will see that there is a human unit in there (because he moved on to my city and never left).

Also, I could never actually click on the elf unit or city directly, I had to use other buttons in order to select them.

So I tried out omniscience again. In the abilities description it says that you can see everything that is going on. Does that mean you should be able to see armies moving around? if so, I can not see enemy units moving around. Unless the AI wasn't doing anything, which after about 30 turns, I had not seen a single wandering monster or anything, so that could be possible lol.

Also, as I as playing grey elves again, I can also confirm that you can not right click the city to open the city page, or click on the army to select it. When I was playing humans, I could select the armies by clicking on it, and select the city by right clicking on it.

Developer
    Fixed omniscience.

Also, as I as playing grey elves again, I can also confirm that you can not right click the city to open the city page, or click on the army to select it. When I was playing humans, I could select the armies by clicking on it, and select the city by right clicking on it.
    Were you using the same input type?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast