Thread: A More Tactical Battleboard

Threaded View

A More Tactical Battleboard

One of the things a number of people have mentioned is that our tactical battleboard isn't as tactical as it could be. I want to open by saying this hasn't been an oversight, it's been by design. That having been said, I also want to make it clear that we are very willing to consider changes and/or additions that add tactical depth.

A perfect example is giving ranged units an ammunition limit. This will allow us to lower or increase the amount of ammo a unit has, which will help us fine tune ranged units during the balancing phase. It will also make the player choose targets carefully rather than just raining death on every available target. That makes ammunition tactically important.

Now, we do have to be realistic about the amount of time and energy we can put into the board before the initial release. Almost anything can be added later via expansion, but there's only so much room in the base game. So, we have to sort ideas by ease of implementation as well as potential enjoyment.

Also, our main goal has remain what is has been from the beginning: to make a true spiritual successor to Master of Magic.

I also wanted to mention that I've invited Das24680 (one of the youtubers doing a series on WoM) to join us. In several of his videos he's mentioned that the battleboard didn't offer enough to sink his teeth into. I felt it would be a good idea to get his opinions in the mix.

So guys, what would you add or change about the battleboard if you could?
    Last edited by Troy_Costisick; 03-13-2015 at 12:19 AM.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page