Thread: More bugs, suggestions and queries

Arcane Candidate

More bugs, suggestions and queries

Build 1473 2014-09-25

Is there a quick save and what key does it use.

When you start a new game, you have a sort of property sheet come wizard. The back and done buttons at the top need to go and you should have back, next and done buttons on the bottom where it is more natural. The done button should be disabled until you have visited all four pages or selected a prebuilt wizard.

Autosave good. Too many autosave files bad. Possible solutions. Keep only the last two autosaves. Have two autosave periods, e.g. 5 turns and 20 turns. and keep one each each. Have the number of autosaves made configurable where you set the autosave interval.

The event notifications down the right hand side should auto delete when the issue is addressed. For example, if it says spell researched, it should disappear when I start researching a new spell.

If you're producing continuous goods like housing or gold and you start producing a real building or unit, the continuous goods should be removed from the queue automatically as there is .no chance you would not want this to keep producing housing.
    When an army is selected, there is no immediate display of how much movement the army has left without moving the mouse and seeing the colour of the route arrows.

I get the 'unit may disband' message when food shows as 0(+0).

I've had several instance where I've got a unit selected and I right-click (RTS mode) on an adjacent square and had the unit move in a different direction.

I have 31 spellcraft and 100 mana, yet when I cast a strategic spell costing 30, it does not get cast immediately when logically it should.

The tooltip for Foresters Guild has text saying {0} and (1} for production and food bonuses.

In the city screen, there are tabs for producing and queue. These should be combined, with the number of turns required displayed under the item to be built. I frequently get confused when I add something to the queue but because it's displaying 'production', I don't see what is happening. Merging would show the number of turns for every item in the queue.

You should be able to drag things around in the production queue to reorder the queue.

Tooltips in the city screen when hovering over gold, food, etc sometimes have the text: toolTipCityEventsMultiplier

I've an army on some ruins (or a great library) and have defeated the monsters. Nothing happens. The ruins (great library) remain. The info screen says the same rewards are there and it looks inhabited. This doesn't seem right. I have seen more monsters spawn later.

Music still splays when I switch focus to another program.

The save file edit file name does not accept standard editing keys like Ctrl+Home to select all text when the name is first edited. It should also auto-select all the text when creating a new name to save so the user can type the name he wants without having to delete the dummy name.

Also on the save game dialog, Save games should appear most recent first, preferably with the ability so sort by date and name.

All cities should automatically have roads on their centre square.

The tooltip for Fishery says it increases gold and food income from sea by 0. Not much point then?

I've cast mineral enhancement on a couple of cities and it works fine, but when I cast it again there is no effect on the target city. I can see the spell animation on the map but examining the city shows no sign that the spell is in effect. I've had this for other city enhancement spells as well.

Roads don't seem to do anything. Movement is the same as if the road wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellinelle View Post
    Is there a quick save and what key does it use.
    Not yet. It will be available when we add keybinding options (soon).

If you're producing continuous goods like housing or gold and you start producing a real building or unit, the continuous goods should be removed from the queue automatically as there is .no chance you would not want this to keep producing housing.
    Good idea.

When an army is selected, there is no immediate display of how much movement the army has left without moving the mouse and seeing the colour of the route arrows.
    On our TODO list.

I get the 'unit may disband' message when food shows as 0(+0).
    Working on it.

I've had several instance where I've got a unit selected and I right-click (RTS mode) on an adjacent square and had the unit move in a different direction.
    It's that pathfinding-related bug which we cannot track down.

I have 31 spellcraft and 100 mana, yet when I cast a strategic spell costing 30, it does not get cast immediately when logically it should.
    On our TODO list.

The tooltip for Foresters Guild has text saying {0} and (1} for production and food bonuses.
    Fixed internally.

In the city screen, there are tabs for producing and queue. These should be combined, with the number of turns required displayed under the item to be built. I frequently get confused when I add something to the queue but because it's displaying 'production', I don't see what is happening. Merging would show the number of turns for every item in the queue.
    We may be revamping the queue in the near feature.

You should be able to drag things around in the production queue to reorder the queue.
    Not possible currently. You can add to the queue things which prerequisites are in the queue too - reordering would mess it up completely.

Tooltips in the city screen when hovering over gold, food, etc sometimes have the text: toolTipCityEventsMultiplier
    Fixed.

I've an army on some ruins (or a great library) and have defeated the monsters. Nothing happens. The ruins (great library) remain. The info screen says the same rewards are there and it looks inhabited. This doesn't seem right. I have seen more monsters spawn later.
    We're fixing world features right now.

Also on the save game dialog, Save games should appear most recent first, preferably with the ability so sort by date and name.
    Save games are already sorted by date.

All cities should automatically have roads on their centre square.
    Good idea. Will be added.

The tooltip for Fishery says it increases gold and food income from sea by 0. Not much point then?
    Will take a look at it.

I've cast mineral enhancement on a couple of cities and it works fine, but when I cast it again there is no effect on the target city. I can see the spell animation on the map but examining the city shows no sign that the spell is in effect. I've had this for other city enhancement spells as well.
    What do you mean? Did you try to cast it on the same city or on another?

Roads don't seem to do anything. Movement is the same as if the road wasn't there.
    I'll take a look.

Arcane Candidate
    Thanks for an excellent response. I really appreciate that each point was answered and answered well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoverdog View Post
    Save games are already sorted by date.
    They are when you load, but not when you save. I'm definitely seeing an older save game at the head of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoverdog View Post
    What do you mean? Did you try to cast it on the same city or on another?
    I cast it on another city. It works for the first two, but not the third. I tried several times (cost me way too much mana :-)