Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Future DLC

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    i think troy was joking about the draconian submarines too (i really hope so), which makes even less sense.

Arcane Candidate
    I really like the idea of packs as well as themed DLCs.

There could be a major themed DLC like for instance, Underwater DLC, that adds major content and in between the themed DLC there would be Packs (Spell Pack, Monster Pack, Artifact Pack, etc). These packs could slowly be introduced after each themed DLC and would give the players their content and you guys a break (and $$$) until you start the next major content.

The packs wouldnt really need much time invested aside from developing and testing and could hold small content items like 10-20 items each and more importantly to players, wouldn't cost that much compared to themed DLC but they're still getting something new.

Themed dlc. is a nice idea. Personally, I dont like the thought of many small dlc packs for artifacts etc. Id much rather, have larger dlc/expansions, with plenty of meat on the bone.

Myself, I think it would be really cool for new mechanics to be introduced, such as slavery/sacrifice for a new faction type/themed dlc. This could have an effect in the game similar to the unhalloweds negative energy, and that icon could be replaced with the slavery/sacrifice one, when playing the slavery reliant faction. Except, factions with this mechanic, would not need tainted/corrupted land, to thrive,

How cool would it be to be able to sacrifice 1000s of souls to be able to get the services of a specific titan.......... :-)

This mechanic, would have to be carefully tested though, as not to make an overly powerful faction. I think with the sacrificing of so many slaves, a penalty in food/gold production would maybe, be the answer, and would make sense, to me, through the loss of so much of the potential workforce.

I definitely think that new factions should be released with a faction specific Sorcerer lord, and hero, plus champion.

Of course this would also mean, that new faction related buildings such as, sacrificial alters would be required
    Last edited by zdsdead; 10-07-2014 at 09:14 PM.
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 for bigger packs instead of smaller packs.

Instead of seperate hero/champion and independent unit and nation packs, I'd prefer to have an Increased Variety Pack that adds more independent units, two or three new races, and at least one new hero, champion, and sorcerer lord for each race. And maybe just a few more heroes and champions beyond that.
    The Wiki.

Mage’s Assistant
    Yea Hap, actual new content is best I think, in any game, where new concepts actually are introduced, altho with any game are hardest to do.

I very early, helped propose a mythical city, very similar to the concept in Master-of-Orion.

This mythical City, would be guarded by a very tough garrison of say dragons, efreet, werewolves....etc, but would contain a champion hero spells etc....on conquest.

It would be impossible to conquer, other then very late in the game, possibly a condition of victory.

I like the Tottal war Rome series, and most DLC is just troop type add-ons which was dissapointing, the only two i bought added in actual new concepts.
    Last edited by tanktop4158; 10-08-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    i think there should be large DLCs that introduce new elements and a minimum of content to make the new elements work. then smaller DLCs that focus on adding content to those DLCs. that way if a DLC introduces stuff you don't care for you won't have to buy it, or the smaller DLC(s) that expand that specific DLC. if the DLCs stay compartmentalized like that people that don't care for gods, or dungeon diving or whatever won't have to buy a big pack that includes that plus unrelated stuff they want. this also means that the price will be a lot more reasonable (a mixed bag that you only want one thing from is hard to justify the price of the full bag).

i'd avoid the throw away DLCs like reskins and such, i never buy those, and most games that i see that go down that route don't end up having too many DLCs (i assume because they don't sell well).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123