Thread: Some observations from latest build

Mage of the Lesser Tower

Some observations from latest build

1. I think there are way too many gateways being spawned; on a medium sized island in my game there were about 13 gateways - 3 congregated around my starting city! I'd rather see about 1 or 2 per medium sized land-mass.
    2. Not all of the unhallowed are healed by negative energy: I used the 'unholy weapons' spell on my units and the unhallowed weren't healed by the negative energy hits.
    3. playing as draconian, on battlemap, I moved a spellsword past an invisible air elemental which got a backstab attack against it. I quickly clicked to move to a new square, but nothing was then clickable. I had to exit the game to get mouse functionality back. Something happened when I quickly clicked to move away from air elemental which locked my UI up.

Developer
    Please send us output log for issue #3 (if you haven't played since then)

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Hi Beo, sorry but I have played since then; I reloaded the game immediately afterwards to see if it was still working!

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Another thing I noticed is that, after winning a battle, the cursor get locked to a 'move' icon. The only way you can change its appearance is by mousing over a friendly city - that changes it back to the normal cursor behaviour.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Oh, and another thing was the mouse in tactical battles.
    1. If you select a friendly unit then click an empty square outside the unit's movement range, the unit will go in that direction. I think it might be better if the unit only moved when you click within its movement range.
    2. Might be nice to cancel a spell you selected from the spellbook during tactical battle by using right-click - causing the 'cast' icon to disappear.