Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beta build

Mage’s Assistant
    I can't end the first turn. Units and city are fine but cannot choose a spell (i.e. my choice - and I tried all the ones available doesn't take) and therefore the centre of the wheel stays on the spell selection option and goes not allow me to end the turn.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

So either you guys did a quick fix or quit/reload sorted the problem because I just got to Turn 2.

Abecedarian Mage
    Reloading solves quite a lot of those issues.

Developer
    Fixed. Also fixed wrong spells in spellbook. Will be available tomorrow.

Abecedarian Mage
    Just to avoid (my) confusion: Does this mean the entire build is redacted and will only be available tomorrow?
    Because I just started up the software and still got build 1775:1776.

Mage’s Assistant
    I had been playing for a couple of hours with a couple of starts just to see if the radically increased number of resources was real or whether I had just had the best start ever by a very large margin. Anyways, went back to the extremely good start and had just taken my second neutral city, the victory screen vanished and so did the city! Could access it from the city button and set up the production queue, exited, city still not there, hit next unit button and lost all 'scenery', which spent 15 minutes or so trying - and failing - to regroup (various bits flashing on and off). Had to hit ctrl-alt-del to exit the game and now cannot get back in. Message on failed start is that the crash info in '2014-11-96_180134' should be sent to you. If I knew where it was, I would.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Mmm, great patch notes! Well done team
    Last edited by Yco; 11-07-2014 at 08:51 AM.

Developer
    Just to avoid (my) confusion: Does this mean the entire build is redacted and will only be available tomorrow?
    Because I just started up the software and still got build 1775:1776.
    You need to sign up fore beta updates (right click on WoM in Steam library -> properties > beta -> choose "beta" from drop down, no access code needed). After we patch it up it will be moved to default branch.

hit next unit button and lost all 'scenery'
    We are aware of this, but are unable to reproduce this.

Please send us your output log, there should be information relevant to that crash.

Abecedarian Mage
    Quote Originally Posted by Beo View Post
    You need to sign up fore beta updates (right click on WoM in Steam library -> properties > beta -> choose "beta" from drop down, no access code needed). After we patch it up it will be moved to default branch.
    I know there are two settings. I tried both yesterday. Neither downloaded me a new build.

Are you saying the Thursday build should be on beta, while the patched Friday build would be on default? I think that was what happened a few weeks ago when there was also a small quick fix.
    I don't really get what you mean.

I was asking whether the regular Thursday build on beta setting, as it is in most weeks, will be replaced by another, patched, one on Friday - also on beta setting.

Since no new build was available at all, I theorized it might have been redacted, to be replaced some time later on Friday.
    I'm still confused.
    Last edited by NT-Walker; 11-07-2014 at 10:22 AM.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    Any news about a non-Steam version ?

Developer
    --- new beta build (1858:1859)---

!!!! Issues with loading on Mac and Linux - delete all old saves to fix this

Removed save compatibility check - beware, older saves might not load or behave strange. Saves from last build will work fine.

-[fixed] Save/load after recruiting a hero from tavern resulted in a crash
    -[fixed] Random item name will be now generated after changing item type, subtype or by creating an item
    -[fixed] Removed "not enough points" fact from already picked disciplines
    -[fixed] Mystic tooltip (it's 0.1 per citizen, not 10)
    -[fixed] Sorcerers and wizards couldn't equip cloaks nor helmets
    -[fixed] Depth issues when unequpping some items
    -[fixed] (-) on Hall of Hunters tooltip
    -[fixed] City not spawning immediately after restoring Volcanic Ruins
    -[fixed] Units killed by backstabbing were treated as two kills on battle summary and during experience calculations
    -[fixed] AI will use all it's attacks instead of only one during combat
    -[fixed] Inconsistencies in finding new tile for city - checking if there's already a city in range wa missing one row and one column of tiles
    -[fixed] Spell distance penalty cross-plane was not working
    -[fixed] Issues with target restrictions for batttleboard-wide spells
    -[fixed] Shrine tooltip for Uhnallowed

-[added] You can cancel casting a spell on worldmap by clicking on it again in spellbook
    -[added] Summoned unit's mana upkeep cost for summoning spell description
    -[added] "New worker" notification for Lost Tribe
    -[added] Gaze/thrown/poison/bleeding/spell resistance for att/def panel
    -[added] Notification that you can't afford to maintain all your enchantments
    -[added] Double click to load/save

-[changed] AI controlled ranged units in contact with enemy will no longer run, resulting in backstabbing

-[tweaked] Description of Tendrils of Despair
    -[tweaked] If a resource is generated on a mountain, resource icon will point to the top of the mountain instead of it's base
    -[tweaked] Arena GUI adjustments
    -[tweaked] Save panel name input
    -[tweaked] Strategic map
    Last edited by Beo; 11-13-2014 at 06:16 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast