Thread: some questions

Arcane Candidate

some questions

If I cast the chaos mastery spell wich converts all my units in fire-based summoned units and my enemy casts the great unsummon spell (that makes all my summoned units in the selected plane pass a dice roll of Will or be destroyed) but I have some units with the resist magic spell how will that work?

Does the resist magic spell only work for damage in combat, or it does something in this case?

Developer
    Resist Magic will increase *generic* spell resistance by 10 - this means that every spell (cast both on the world map and battle map) will have to pass Spell Resistance roll in order to continue.

So in this case:
    Enemy casts Great Unsummoning.
    Each of your units has two layers of defense - spell resistance and saving throw.
    Unit will be destroyed only if it fails both spell resistance and saving throw.

Arcane Candidate
    I do read that you are saying "units", so to be sure, every figure in each unit either makes the saving throw as one or they all die as a group, correct? So the Great Unsummoning functions like Disintegrate (all or nothing)? I think I remember that sometimes you would get say a 2 member fantastic unit (some type of drake) and one would be gone after the spell while one would remain (I think). So, for WoM it's all or nothing, right or is it by individual like say in a group of 6 archers (2 left after the spell)?

Developer
    Spells affecting one *unit* work on all *figures* of a *unit*. There are exceptions, like Wrack, which works on all *figures*

Arcane Candidate
    I went back to the book and it does say "unit" for the Great Unsummoning. So either I have it mixed up with another spell (Banish maybe) by individual or this was a bug of MoM 1.0+ or perhaps the drake in question was a 1 member unit with 9 on the field (i.e. bad memory). Sorta makes me relive a horrible flashback... or two at the moment, where I lost a high level hero and 8 max rank mitheral long bowmen to a herd of pink & blue drakes after a failed spell attempt.
    Thank you for the reply, it is appreciated.