Thread: Where are the Hotkeys?

Arcane Candidate

Where are the Hotkeys?

Where are the Hotkeys?

I have not seen any reference to the use of keyboard shortcuts in any way. This is a much needed enhancement, and also standard fare for most games. Any plans for this?

Developer
    Customizable hotkeys are still on our todo list. They will come, but I can't guarantee when yet.
    Last edited by Beo; 11-26-2014 at 10:36 AM.

Arcane Candidate
    Once you introduce hotkeys, I propose to include a key that simplifies terrain graphics once pressed.
    If you would hold such key, all world terrain graphic is simplified. no plain, swamp, hill, forrest depiction, but simple 1-colour images in each tile, so that identification what each tile is becomes as simple as could be. A kind of strategic view for orientation and organization, forfeiting all beauty-looks that you may require for marketing purposes. (with such a key pressed, cities are no more houses and stuff, but a simple tile-wide rectangle in player color with a nr of city size, Woods are a plain darkgreen , deserts yellow etc. Only units remain as they are. Dungeons could be simplified to a unified and clear symbol as well).
    That way you would also alleviate many of the issues that almost everybody has with the world map - We all know this has already been a big topic elsewhere in this forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Sprentz View Post
    Once you introduce hotkeys, I propose to include a key that simplifies terrain graphics once pressed.
    If you would hold such key, all world terrain graphic is simplified. no plain, swamp, hill, forrest depiction, but simple 1-colour images in each tile, so that identification what each tile is becomes as simple as could be. A kind of strategic view for orientation and organization, forfeiting all beauty-looks that you may require for marketing purposes. (with such a key pressed, cities are no more houses and stuff, but a simple tile-wide rectangle in player color with a nr of city size, Woods are a plain darkgreen , deserts yellow etc. Only units remain as they are. Dungeons could be simplified to a unified and clear symbol as well).
    That way you would also alleviate many of the issues that almost everybody has with the world map - We all know this has already been a big topic elsewhere in this forum...
    press M

Apprentice
    The Merciless Deserts of the American Southwest
    I second Sprentz' idea. The map as is, too much clutter and hard to read the map.
    "It matters not, how straight the gate, how charged with punishment the scroll. I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul." -Invictus.

Arcane Candidate
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoverdog View Post
    press M
    ok, admittedly I was not aware that you can actívate the current tactical view with "M". However, the current tactical view does not come even close to the feature I was describing. Notice f.e.:
    - current tactical view shifts over to a compeltely new angle and magnify level. It does not serve to identiy terrain types quickly and then shift back to the normal (prettier) view. (This is the main issue imo)
    - current tactical view does not identify units (you just see that there is a unit in a tile, not which one...)
    - current tactical view does not show dungeons at all.
    As a matter of fact the current tactical view does not work for me at all. Brent seems to agree. I still would like a hotkey like the one I described, and it does not exist at the moment, hoverdog.

Arcane Candidate
    An improved map view is essential, and the main reason I am not currently enjoying the game.