Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 89 of 89

Thread: Spell balance thread

  1. #81
    Adept Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    45
    As much as I love using it, Strands of Power should probably be a tier 3 spell instead of tier 2. I believe the mana cost and upkeep are fair for what it does, but it can have a seriously grand effect on the early game. Just picture a city with 7 terrain types. That gives the player +7 power for a 2 mana upkeep only 10 turns into the game. If they have another city by then, 5 turns later they could get another +7 power. Late game, that is not a huge deal, but in early game it's very powerful.

  2. #82
    Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortigan View Post
    As much as I love using it, Strands of Power should probably be a tier 3 spell instead of tier 2. I believe the mana cost and upkeep are fair for what it does, but it can have a seriously grand effect on the early game. Just picture a city with 7 terrain types. That gives the player +7 power for a 2 mana upkeep only 10 turns into the game. If they have another city by then, 5 turns later they could get another +7 power. Late game, that is not a huge deal, but in early game it's very powerful.
    I agree, but consider that if you want to avoid Wizards from starting out with this spell, it'd have to be Tier4 so that you actually need to research it first.

  3. #83
    Adept Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    45
    I have less of a problem with a wizard starting out with it if it meant that they had to master that spell school and use up their starting tier 3 to get it. I would put that on par with the spell Heroism, which is also tier 3.

  4. #84
    Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortigan View Post
    I have less of a problem with a wizard starting out with it if it meant that they had to master that spell school and use up their starting tier 3 to get it. I would put that on par with the spell Heroism, which is also tier 3.
    Yep, that's reasonable. +1

  5. #85
    Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by Yco View Post
    Reflect Damage: Perhaps consider knocking this down to 3 rounds? You can add extra round via infusion. Four rounds just feels a touch too long for this T4 spell.
    This should have baseline duration of 2 rounds at most. More can be added by infusion. It's a ridiculously OP spell currently.

  6. #86
    -Dispel Magic needs to be able to target my cities and units on the world map too.

    -Could Lycanthropy be turned into a combat spell in addition to a strategic spell?
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

  7. #87
    Adept Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    -Could Lycanthropy be turned into a combat spell in addition to a strategic spell?
    That would make Lycanthropy a VERY powerful spell. I'm not saying it would be a bad idea, but it should have a hefty mana cost for a combat cast.

  8. #88
    Developer Hoverdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Boat City
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    -Dispel Magic needs to be able to target my cities and units on the world map too.
    You have Disenchant Area for that.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoverdog View Post
    You have Disenchant Area for that.
    Ah, ok. Thank you. I wasn't sure which spell was the right one
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
footer