Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Guys Think So Far?

What Do You Guys Think So Far?

So, it's been a few hours since we put the late-alpha out there. What are your impressions so far? We look forward to hearing what you think
    Last edited by Troy_Costisick; 03-13-2015 at 01:21 AM.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Arcane Candidate
    You've got a long way to go if you hope to compete with the likes of Endless Legend (also in alpha). The graphics performance is spotty at best and the gameplay leaves much to be desired at this point. Played for about 50 turns and could hardly force myself to continue, which isn't a good sign. (I'm used to alpha and beta testing, having played and tested Elemental, Age of Wonders III, Endless Legends, among others.) This reminds me more of the beta testing for Elemental (back when it was pretty poor - unlike the now credible Fallen Enchantress). I'm hoping you've got a lot up your sleeves or I predict it will be a bumpy landing.
    Last edited by Michael Lange; 08-02-2014 at 10:30 PM.

Thanks for the feedback! We're working hard to make the game everything it should be. Do you have anything specific to share?

Heya,

So far I am having a blast. It really does remind me of Master of Magic in so many ways. I just started my first game, and in the first 60 turns I got 8 units and two buildings completed. The mechanics for the Granary both surprised and delighted me. I've also defeated about 20 goblin units that have attacked me from all sides. That was a lot of fun. I had a lost tribe join my city. That was a pretty big boost and helped out a lot. I've been hit by a lunar eclipse which upped my unrest level for a few turns. That was a bit of a challenge, but I managed it okay. I haven't run into any major buys yet, but I'm still early in the exploration phase of the game. I'll be back at 100 turns or so to update how it's been for me

Peace,

-Troy
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Arcane Candidate
    I've been reading a bit on the forums since posting to see what I'm (probably) missing and see mention from time to time of a tutorial, but I see no way to load or start a tutorial within the game? Is the tutorial included?

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    I think the decision to use the D20 system has paid off so far, it's just about right in complexity and gives more than enough depth to build on. I beta'd Elemental and Fallen enchantress and I've had more fun already (by that I mean more than none) with WoM than I had with any of those two games. For late alpha it's really promising but I'm not gonna say much more at this stage.

Michael, the game changed so much during the alpha that we've disabled the tutorial until we can rework it. We have put together a getting started guide (which we might should have mentioned in our mass email). You can find it here:

Getting Started

I need to update it. I plan to work on doing so next week

Adept Sorcerer
    Well some of the bugs are frustrating, but I am still here so I must like it. I havent been able to play a game past turn 70 or so without the game refusing to continue so I havn't seen a lot of the content yet. I know these things will eventually get ironed out.

Arcane Candidate
    I've been enjoying it. The unit splitting isn't very intuitive and I really wish I could see the little map of the town and its surroundings that appeared in the original that let you see which squares are in range (and which might be split between two cities). This view makes it easier to make estimates.

A good start, but still lots of work to do. I consider this as an alfa version, so I just ignore missing content and focus on what is implemented already.
    I also hope that besides finishing the content you guys will consider spending some time on code optimization, fighting with memory leaks and other stuff like that

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast