Thread: Translation - Slovak

Apprentice

Translation - Slovak

Ok, what is the expected volume of text? 5000, 50000 words?
    What is the suggested translation rule on translating unit names, not all have known local equivalent, not to mentions that translation may erase the original feeling. But some common units are translated easily (Swordsmen, Bowmen...)
    Anyway, I can give the translation a try

Hey Gatts,

actually Slovak translation has some parts translated already. The whole English text file has about 30k words, including strings. Send me a PM with your mail and I can add you to the google document.

Apprentice
    I see that translated rows are bold, should I also proceed with bolding of translated rows?
    BTW, the translation was very good, but can I correct the few parts that I think could better meet the game meaning ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts View Post
    I see that translated rows are bold, should I also proceed with bolding of translated rows?
    BTW, the translation was very good, but can I correct the few parts that I think could better meet the game meaning ?
    what do you mean by bold?
    Feel free to correct.

Apprentice
    Bold type of text:
    bold.jpg

No, it doesn't matter.

Apprentice
    Ok, thanx

Can someone (Slovak) help me with some notoriously known words, like "Wight, Owl Bears..." which were surely already translated in D&D manuals or Tolkien books (I have neither of them in Slovak, only in ENG, and can't google it out...and I want to use official translated forms)

Or are there somewhere Fantasy-specific lexicons/translators that could help me with Tolkienish?
    Actually thanx to this game I am revealing a lot of worl-wide Mythology (did not know the background of Marid...)

Also weapons... Czech and Polish have words for Glaive, we don't... damn our non-militant vocabulary

Apprentice
    I see some descriptions as "empty", is that intended, or was it lost during translation?
    DoomGazedesc =
    Feardesc =
    Sneakdesc =

SiegeEnginedesc =
    SpellResistancedesc =