Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Quality of life changes

Mage’s Assistant
    Reading Troy's items made me think of another of my own:

* When auto-resolving, it seems to always spend the maximum amount of mana that it can, probably to get the best possible results. However, especially if it's a bunch of single-unit armies, I don't want to blow all of my mana to kill it. I'd love another checkbox that allows me to toggle Sorcerer Spellcasting so I don't have to worry about going through mana while auto-resolving.

-On the Enchantments tab on the Magic window, it would be great if the city enchantments would tell me which city they are on. For instance, they could say “Friendly City: Miadan” or whatever.

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

I showed this game to some people who haven’t played it. Time and time again, they got hung up on what buildings to build first. They would play, end up with negative food, gold, or mana income and not understand how to fix it- even using the tooltips. I never had trouble because I figured it long ago when played MoM. Not everyone has had that experience.

Earlier, I mentioned that buildings should get highlights depending on what grouping the belong to. Then I got to thinking about how some buildings really straddle two groups. So that idea might not be as good- although it would be super simple to program.
    So instead, if the dev team can manage in the time left, I’m going to propose a vertical series of tabs be added to the left hand side of the Construct Buildings menu. Those tabs should be the following: All, Food, Gold, Military, Unrest, Power, Research. They should all be different colors.

With the exception of the “All” tab (which should work the same exact way the current Construct Buildings Menu works now,) buildings that affect any of these should be included, and greyed out if their prerequisites have not yet been met. All tooltips should be enabled. A building like the Animists Guild would be found under the Unrest, Food, and Military tabs. An Alchemists’ Guild would be found under both the Power and Military tabs.

This would help guide people toward building what they want SO much more efficiently than trial and error. It would reduce frustration and really enhance the play experience IMO.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Would be nice to know how much Skill and Mana we have in the tactical battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Yco View Post
    Would be nice to know how much Skill and Mana we have in the tactical battles.
    I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but this screenshot is a picture of how I keep track of my skill and mana during combat:

ManaCounter.jpg

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but this screenshot is a picture of how I keep track of my skill and mana during combat:

ManaCounter.jpg
    Ok, that's too small and I didn't notice it after all this time. ^^

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Another thing that's pretty high on my nice-to-have list is more diverse models for heroes / champions.
    Last edited by Yco; 01-25-2015 at 01:06 PM.

Heya,

Two more things:

-Everything in Worlds of Magic is bigger and better than in MoM. Plane sizes are bigger, and there are more planes. There are more spells and more spell circles/books. There are more retorts/disciplines, more roaming monsters, more events, more of everything that's possible to have more of within the game's budget... except one thing: the number of heroes and champions you can have in your army at one time. I'd really like to see the number increased from MoM's six to a very healthy 8. I think this would really engage the players more and create very diverse armies. I understand that champions can get really powerful, but the AI's have them available as well. I think increasing it to 8 would make an epic game even more epic.

-Second, I'd also like to see the number of opponents I can select increased to 6. There will eventually by 7 planes in the game. I think 7 sorcerer-lords (6 AI + 1 player) makes sense- one for each plane. I don't know how many games on that kind of scale I'll actually play, but if I do, I'd like there to be at least one lord on each plane to challenge me. I think it would keep long games like that more alive and interesting.

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower
    honestly I would like to see even more ais than that myself if only to fill the vast empty spaces in the world

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    I'd like the draconian movement animations to be more fluid in battle. When they move, they levitate, then flap forward ponderously. Could they instead arch through the air towards their destination in one fluid motion? Movement needs to take about half as long as it does now.

Mage’s Assistant
    I wanted to quickly reiterate one of my items: being able to view another city. Is it a balance mechanic to not be able to look inside cities when you find them? I know you can get a sense of the army inside by left-clicking (as RTS style, so maybe it changes?) on a city, but if an enemy Sorc Lord has multiple towns, how do you figure out which one has his tower without viewing? Are you even supposed to be able to in WoM, or was that feature specifically removed?

Or am I missing the mechanism for looking inside towns beyond Nature's Eyes (which seems to do it)?

Heya,

Two more things:

-Everything in Worlds of Magic is bigger and better than in MoM. Plane sizes are bigger, and there are more planes. There are more spells and more spell circles/books. There are more retorts/disciplines, more roaming monsters, more events, more of everything that's possible to have more of within the game's budget... except one thing: the number of heroes and champions you can have in your army at one time. I'd really like to see the number increased from MoM's six to a very healthy 8. I think this would really engage the players more and create very diverse armies. I understand that champions can get really powerful, but the AI's have them available as well. I think increasing it to 8 would make an epic game even more epic.

Personally, I like the current hero cap.

-Second, I'd also like to see the number of opponents I can select increased to 6. There will eventually by 7 planes in the game. I think 7 sorcerer-lords (6 AI + 1 player) makes sense- one for each plane. I don't know how many games on that kind of scale I'll actually play, but if I do, I'd like there to be at least one lord on each plane to challenge me. I think it would keep long games like that more alive and interesting.
    +1 to this
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast