Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Quality of life changes

When mousing over the different buttons on the main UI, have them change to full color like in this older screenshot:

Adding color would really improve the look of the UI and make it easier to see which one I am mousing over at the time.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Mentioned this on steam, but thought I would post it here too, as I would really like to see this happen, as its sort of grinding on me now. ;-)

When I have a unit/army selected, I would like to hover over world features, and see what enemies lurk within, etc, without having to deselect the unit/army, and then clicking oin a world feature.
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Adept Sorcerer
    Being able to see the stats of a hero BEFORE you decide to buy them.

Being able to see the mana upkeep for a spell when you are choosing your starting spells.

Quote Originally Posted by zdsdead View Post
    Mentioned this on steam, but thought I would post it here too, as I would really like to see this happen, as its sort of grinding on me now. ;-)

When I have a unit/army selected, I would like to hover over world features, and see what enemies lurk within, etc, without having to deselect the unit/army, and then clicking oin a world feature.
    +1 to this...

It would be GREAT if you could add city names to the strategic map. This would make it a lot more useful than it already is

Housing and Housing (Default)
    Make the following true:
    When I open the building menu, I can direct the town to build Housing. While the town is building Housing, it does not give an end-of-turn city-needs-attention stop.
    When a town is done with the last thing in its queue, it defaults to building Housing (Default). The in-game text for this is "Housing", the effect is identical to Housing, and the item is NOT available on the building orders window. While a town is building Housing (Default), it does give an end-of-turn city-needs-attention stop.

This way I can make my cities grow without annoying myself or I can make one city grow and not simultaneously miss the fact that another city is idling. As it is today, I build new cities 3 or 4 at a time so that I only have a short period of needless stops while they are building up to 2 population prior to me giving them their build queue.

I have seen this mentioned elsewhere, but thought I would bring it up again. Players should not be able to gain prisoners, without a fight. At the moment you can gain prisoners by walking into unguarded world features. They should be guarded, or otherwise, they would not be prisoners!!!!??? They can be a very powerful reward, settlers, and other choice units. My own opinion is they should have plenty of guardians, and only found on higher level features, unless of course the prisoners are a unit of spearmen for example, and these are fine for low level encounters, but they should still have guardians.
    Last edited by zdsdead; 02-25-2015 at 10:21 AM.
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

In diplomacy, each sorcerer lord's flag should appear next to their portrait.

Adept Sorcerer
    Quote Originally Posted by zdsdead View Post
    I have seen this mentioned elsewhere, but thought I would bring it up again. Players should not be able to gain prisoners, without a fight. At the moment you can gain prisoners by walking into unguarded world features. They should be guarded, or otherwise, they would not be prisoners!!!!??? They can be a very powerful reward, settlers, and other choice units. My own opinion is they should have plenty of guardians, and only found on higher level features, unless of course the prisoners are a unit of spearmen for example, and these are fine for low level encounters, but they should still have guardians.
    I have always viewed "prisoner" as a generic term. That unguarded cave might just have some swordsman who lives there and decides to join your cause. I do agree that prisoners such as settlers should be harder to get though. I had a game yesterday where I averaged a new city every 10 turns without ever building a settler type unit.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortigan View Post
    I had a game yesterday where I averaged a new city every 10 turns without ever building a settler type unit.
    There's no reason to build settlers as they come free in world features. There's no reason to research spells as you find them all over the place.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast